Finally Mercedes Benz answer to the i8 and it’s off the scales

No engine or steering wheel. Vision AVTR Concept.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/7/21054257/mercedes-benz-avatar-avtr-concept-ces-2020**strong text**

Can you imagine the cost of replacing tires and brakes on that thing for a 36mos lease :scream:

Don’t really understand why MB would spend monies on creating CGI concept cars which will have little in common with a real car when brought to market.

Yeah how dare a company try to do something exciting and different for the sake of doing it rather than generating profit for their shareholders…

Also I really dig the pun in the title.

1 Like

Almost all companies are in business to generate profits, for themselves and shareholders, and I don’t see this as generating any profits for MB. Hollywood and movie studios already does fantasy for the public sake, and generate their profits while doing it.

I don’t look to manufacturers to create fantasy content for me, I look for them to provide new technologies that make the user experience better.

It’s generating good press and getting eyeballs at CES. I think that’s enough of a payoff for it to be worth it to Mercedes. It’s fine to think of the big picture (~50 years down the road) because it gives them something to strive for.