Finally Hacked a 2020 Jaguar I-Pace! $525/mo + 2500 DAS - MSRP: 78,400 (40% off MSRP)

Well, this took me well over a month and talking to about 12 different Jag dealers and I’m pretty proud of it. . Some would quote me at 949/mo and not budge, while others claimed the cap cost reduction is necessary for any deals. I thought about buying this car after negotiating the price down, but decided against it because EVs are the new cell phone…you’re gonna have to upgrade after <5 years.

Oh yeah, I’m also a current Jaguar Leasee, so I get the first two payments waived so take off another $1,050.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Jaguar I-Pace S
MSRP: $ 78,400
Monthly Payment: $525
Drive-Off Amount: $2500*
Months: 39
Annual Mileage:10
MF: .0020 (Marked up, but hey let finance make some money)
Residual: 39%
Negotiated Price: $58,510
Incentives: 7500 EV credit, 5,000 customer cash
Sale Price after incentives: $46,010
Leasehackr Score: 11.6 years

*DAS

1. Acquisition: 895
  2. Dealer fee: 30
  3. Gov Fee: 918.87
  4. Sales Tax
27 Likes

Nicely done! Post pics!

Congratulations!
Great deal indeed. Do you mind to tell us your state and whether the deal can be replicated?

This is California. I’m not sure on replication. The closest I got to any other dealer was 539/mo + 5,555 (yeah I know) down. But that was for a 2019. It was however, a better spec’d HSE

2 Likes

That was a USBank for sure, is this chase or a third party?

Anyways great deal!

Bravo! I had to recheck the headline twice to make sure it did not say 2019 ipace. Super unique vehicle, and agreed on the battery replacement part. Although, BMW claims their batteries will not deteriorate for about 26 years…

Which dealer in CA? Nice job as many of us have been seeing these great unicorn deals, but rarely will any dealership come near it. The dealers never believe Leasehackr posts.

You should NEVER mention LH or reference any Leasehackr posts when negotiating with a dealer.

14 Likes

I thought that was a cardinal rule. Leasehackr, the ultimate car secret society. Special handshake

7 Likes

I mentioned LH to my salesperson after the deal was signed. He said he never heard of it, got a feeling he was lying.

Nah, a lot of salespeople are completely clueless about the actual numbers behind a deal. They’re just a middleman between you and the sales manager

2 Likes

Holy mother! PM me the dealer’s name and take my 250 broker fee!!!

1 Like

Dope! I also did similar on a 2019 I Pace S because she was a “dealer demo model”. $1400 DAS; $631 with tax and 15k/year. Pricing, and FINAL pricing fell almost exactly where you quoted above with the EV cred + Jag loyalty cash.
You guys also might wanna know that EV credits can be taken as cash* or applied towards price, regardless of purchase or lease. If someone could use some extra cash for a quick flip or something, this was an awesome advantage that the finance manager hit me with (what seemed, by accident while I was reading through the paperwork) towards the end of the deal.

All in all, the car is pretty nice and is dripping with some cool (yet, at times, lagged) tech and fits my personal driving style very well. Super quick on her feet, decent balance but milage is effected by anything you do… From turning on the a/c (I live in a hot place) to accelerating at anything less than a creep. Great for short commutes and daily driving, but with the terrible charge network that’s currently in place (FL), not sure if I’m taking her on any long hauls.

Great Deal on a great car! Well, it’s great for me so far. Ask me again in three years :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoa there. Pm the dealer and name your broker fee.

They called this a “port” car and said they had 23 total across SoCal that sold within 24 hours (probably dealer tactics).

This is a chase deal

1 Like

This for sure.

Which dealer was this??