Finally found a dealer in PA! GMC Terrain SLE, $2050 down, $99+tax/mo, 24/10

, ,

…I know it’s not really something to brag here about as people posted much-much better deals, but I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for inspiring me to look for options!!

I’ve been looking for Chevy Equinox / GMC Terrain deals since March this year, but none of the dealers in my area (North-Eastern PA) wanted to even talk about anything lower than $280-300/mo for Terrain even during March-April conquest rebate campaigns. Multiple trips to local dealers, several different brands, HOURS of hard sell and frustration and… zero result. I got mentally ready to just get another Honda Civic for $220-240 and call it a day, and then all of a sudden I got an email from a dealership in Philadelphia area I had some conversations earlier this year. And then the miracle happened - just 2 or 3 brief phone calls, a few e-mails and less than 3 hours from entering the dealership doors to driving out in a new Terrain for a price I couldn’t even get close to all these months.

2018 GMC Terrain SLE FWD, white
MSRP $28895
Cash due at signing: $2050 ($999 down + taxes and fees) (maybe could’ve lowered it even more, but haven’t even bothered to ask as I liked the total and wanted to make it as stress-free as possible)
Monthly payment: $99+tax (ends up being $107.91 for me)
24/10

Total lease cost: ~$4530
(very roughly equivalent to $189/month out of the door, with all taxes/fees already included)

Most importantly for me - the timing couldn’t be any better (my Honda lease expires in 2 weeks) and the process was probably the easiest I’ve ever had with dealers in my whole life - zero stress, no hard sell / haggling at all! So happy dance here, time to turn in my Civic soon :wink:

P.S. If anyone needs contacts of this dealership (PA; Philly area) and the sales person I’ve been working with, PM me - I cannot recommend these guys enough!!

1 Like

Is this FWD or AWD? 202020

Can you break out all the incentives that you qualify for?

@mikegrant25, that was SLE FWD

@Mpower22, to the best of my knowledge, the only incentive that was included in this deal was a competitive lessee offer - I provided them with my lease agreement with Honda Financial. I think it was in a form of Lease Cash (papers are at home, I can check exact numbers and wording later today). I didn’t have any recent grad / first responder / employee discounts on top of that.

O’Neil GMC has $99 + $2217 DAS special offer on their website. I wanted a higher end one but they gave crazy quotes, so I passed. Congrats enjoy your new ride.

1 Like

Yes, that’s where I got this one. They only had special on SLE unfortunately and DAS ended up being even less for me (probably because of the county I live in). Still amazing dealership IMO, night and day vs some other ones I visited recently.
I think they also have some specials on Encore, but it was a tad higher than this Terrain, so I didn’t see the point really.
Quotes for some other cars are indeed crazy - I think GM wants like $500+/mo to lease Regal. That’s insane and I guess they know it :slight_smile:

Yes, the deal is only for BASE SLE FWD, PA residents with current non-GMC lease, but $189 for a 29K MSRP new GMC SUV is really sweet. Honestly if I’m not so possessed with semi-autonomous driving features I’d have sign that deal last week :joy:

They still seem to have one more in stock if you decide to sacrifice some of the semi-autonomous features :slight_smile: Just sayin’…

good deal mikka1, do you mind sharing your credit tier info. Does this deal require tier 1 credit scores?

@raamtester1, I think I had some low 800s TU score (on a scale of up to 900), so I believe this is considered Tier 1 by GM. Honestly I am not sure how big a lower score can impact the numbers - I can expect MF to be higher, but I have no clue how other incentives should be impacted, sorry

Thank u @mikka1. Will try my luck.

do you have a photo of the lease details

This seems like a sweet deal. You mind connecting me the sales folks there. I am in the market for a mid size SUV. I would prefer AWD. Not sure how much it changes the price. Let me know pls.

Keep in mind that the programs may have changed significantly, and this deal might not even be possible this month.

1 Like

Why be so negative and keep this in mind? Encourage people to try rather than the opposite. Then we all learn what really may be or isnt possible this month and any month for that matter.

Because positivity has nothing to do with how the programs are structured? It’s not a matter of positive versus negative, it’s what is mathematically possible and what isn’t.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what he said that was negative. He said a very truthful statement. Reality has nothing to do with negativity.

3 Likes

The absolute worst thing you can do is not know what is possible, at least remotely. You’ll just look like a fool throwing a number out there not knowing how to get to it, and if you can even get to it at all. From there the balance of power totally shifts and you are left on your heels with nothing to fall back on.

2 Likes