FINAL Update: Dealership Sold Me a Damaged Vehicle as BRAND NEW!

I thought the same thing as first…but the report shows the accident prior to a title being issued. I guess the dealer could try and argue the report is wrong, but it doesn’t look good for them.

Its going be so easy to determine that. Car was put on the lot 1/30/15, accident reported on 2/5/15 at the front right side. Car gets sold over 4 months later. Also, they can track who ordered the door based off the RDOT sticker. I guess I’ll be caught red handed at that point lmaooo.

You must work for commonwealth lmaoo

If you’ve engaged a lawyer and are on track to potentially pursue litigation, I would (and hope your lawyer would also) recommend you stop posting about the case in a public forum at this point.

7 Likes

I think vhooloo is the owner the dealer or the sales person who know everything about it but still sold it to you.

Btw, #vhooloo, let us know when you need a “new” car. We sure can find a “perfect” one just for you.

3 Likes

Agreed arbitration is very similar to another word arbitrary, where a judge with little to no related knowledge to the topic at hand makes a swift judgement that may not be in your favor.

Best advice at this point, let lawyers do all your homework, and maybe in the end update us on the results if you’re allowed to after settlement but anything extra you post at this point might hurt your case.

Wonder if the dealer or body shop still have invoices/records on those repairs, I smell a subpoena…

1 Like

I think so too lol

Not totally correct. If you are paying hourly you always have a case. If it’s on contingency no lawyer is taking a case that he cannot hope to win. Very different criteria.

As for bank vs dealer, you raise a compelling point. But I wouldn’t want to rely on that defense as the dealer. I haven’t practiced in Massachusetts in a decade but i’d guess if the dealer defrauded the bank too best case scenario for dealer is a joint and several verdict. Doesn’t help them at all.

Dealership should fight to get this into arbitration and if they lose that battle just settle. If they lose in court they pay attorneys cost and up to treble damages. If they win what do they save, the difference between value of car if it didn’t have damage and current actual value - maybe 10 or 15k. Risk reward to litigate in court just doesn’t make sense.

Go to arbitration or settle - I can’t tell you what Massachusetts rules are about arbitration clauses invalidating 93a rights.

4 Likes

Why is everyone kicking your crystal balls?

3 Likes

Good points.

congrats on the good fortune let us know how the NSX drives

8 Likes

In the case such as this, consumer protection, the lawyer wouldn’t take the case unless they thought it was worthwhile. I think you’re on the right track.

1 Like

Thank you sir! I agree!

Wow what an insane story! The dealer clearly acted in bad faith. They endangered your life and the life of your loved ones. What would have happend if you were involved in a serious accident? You have a strong case provided nothing was disclosed in your paper work. I would take this all the way just to prove a point if everyone stopped short changing themself by accepting settlements for convenience sake then all these crooked companies wouldn’t be in business for long. Good luck to you.

1 Like

Appreciate it! It will certainly be a huge lesson learned for me. If its new, conduct an inspection on the vehicle…regardless if its “new”. Smh!

Only if you decide to buy at the end of lease.

1 Like

Well it wont hurt to do one at purschae as it can avoid this entire mess down the road.

Unfortunately, that wouldn’t hold true in this scenario as the car was driving a bit wonky when he first got it and had bad alignment. This car was a danger to the driver and passengers for the duration of the lease.

A car with no apparent symptoms I would say no pre-buy pre-lease inspection would be necessary. I wouldn’t even consider doing an inspection if I bought out my car if it was in my possession the entire time, but those loaners with high mileage I’d definitely consider performing one.