FINAL Update: Dealership Sold Me a Damaged Vehicle as BRAND NEW!

You make a great point there!

If you bought it and there are no issues, why are you trying to sell it? Keep driving it. And yes the dealer should be shamed but I think they can argue carfax doesn’t show any accident

Pro tip: Going forward have all conversations recorded or in writing.

They can argue whatever they want. But with proof of evaluation by an independent body shop that serious work was performed, combined with the separate vehicle report showing the accident, it does not paint a good picture.

And, any lawyer with a pulse taking this to litigation would request discovery of the dealer’s body shop’s records to see if they had an invoice for the repair work, which presumably would exist if they knew about it.

I’d want to know about statute of limitations in your state for bringing forth a claim like this.

All door panels have vin sticker on them. Do they match?

You did not actually buy the car from the dealer. You bought it from the bank right? Sue them…

But I thought just a handshake would be enough

He want to get market value for the used car. OP was unaware it was in a accident. I mean I’d be pretty pissed off – maybe enough to grab the ol trusty baseball bat

You gotta be kidding me. Why would i keep a vehicle that was heavily damaged and with a massive lost of resale value?

I don’t understand. You said you enjoyed the car and bought it out. Aside from alignment issue you had no other complaint. Why did you take it to carmax?

It was the dealer that engaged in fraud, and deceptive business practice, not the bank.

1 Like

As I mentioned before, you failed to read my previous post. It was taken to carmax because I am looking for a new daily driver, specifically an AWD vehicle. My intent was to purchase a new vehicle this past weekend but that all changed.

Very fair point, but accidents in leased vehicles happen all the time. They don’t make you pay more if you were in an accident and got it fixed

4 years. I have a few more months.

Well, I am very happy that you’re not practing law. My attorney has advised that my case is VERY strong. 93A Demand letter is being sent very soon.

4 Likes

Very true - you got shafted by not doing your due diligence on the buyout, which was compounded by the deceptive dealer. Talk to Charlie at “shop us last” commonwealth and ask him what he is gonna do about it. I think they can offer you a discount on a AWD CRV or Pilot?

1 Like

Attorneys always tell you that the case is strong. Just like car dealers always tell you there is nothing wrong with t car …

1 Like

Not sure what your motive is. But have a nice day!

1 Like

Who is to say OP did not wreck the car and have it repaired last month? I’m not saying you did, but how can it be proved that you didn’t have your buddy who owns a body shop fix it off the books? Just be ready for their defense!

They’ll have to talk their way through the undisclosed repair that was done prior to even being listed on the lot.

1 Like