Fiat 500e New Lease - Impossible?

I am currently finishing a lease on a 2016 Fiat 500e. Love the car. It’s just for commuting and has been reliable and fun with no maintenance issues.

Thanks to Leasehackr I knew how to negotiate and got a great deal:

36mos/12Kmiles/$0down

$195.21/month (tax and wear & tear insurance included). With $595 in drive off and $395 return fee. In retrospect, it could have been better. I could have done without the wear and tear and gone down to 10K/year and saved $30 a month.

BUT

Now, I’m trying to get into a new lease and finding it impossible and I may have found the reason why. The one SoCal dealer who finally (after too much back and forth) sent me the MF and Residual Value quoted the residual at 39% and MF at .0024%.

Is this possible?! 39%?!?!? If the residual is this bad, how are they planning to get rid of any of these? This puts a monthly at between $335-370 with tax.

Any advice?

At this point I may just buy a used Fiat 500e in good condition with low mileage.

Help.

The only advice is to move on and look at vehicles that currently lease well. Clearly Fiat isn’t subsidizing leases on these like they used to. Check out the shared deals section.