Fiat 124 vs Mazda Miata lease deals

Year: [2017]
Make, Model, and Trim: [Fiat 124 Classica]
Months/Annual Mileage: [36/10K]
Zip Code: [98052]

Hi hackers,
I’ve been thinking about leasing a new miata for a while now, but $366/mo + 2K down doesn’t sound right for the 25K car. It seems like higher payments are caused by unusually high MF, and dealers don’t want to lower selling price in my area.
Meanwhile Fiat 124 (essentially the same car, just a bit uglier) is listed for 289/mo + 3K which is almost 2K cheaper over the course of 3 years. Also, dealers post big discounts on websites.
Any ideas, what’s the trick there? Lower MF, or maybe they just include “dealer contribution” in the fiatusa deal?

MSRP of both cars?
Fiat 124 Abarth is better then Miata (personal opinion), but Miata is better then the low fiat trim (personal opinion).
Convertibles never lease well :-/
I’d say 300/mo + 3K would be a reasonable deal for optioned Abarth, not the base Fiat.

If the FIAT leases better, the trick is to lease the FIAT.

And there are plenty of people who who disagree with you with the proposition that the FIAT is uglier. I think it is beautiful. But I am biased. I drove a '78 Fiat 124 in High School. It was beautiful then, and the Spider reboot has just enough hints of the old version to ring the nostalgia bell. Also, I’m not alone. Jason Cammisa likes the FIAT better.

I like the Fiat better as well. The hood looks longer on the Fiat with the higher fenders. If it leases better then lease the Fiat. Look up MF and Res and shoot for a discount. Look up invoice with Edmunds or True Car.

I like the look of the Fiat more than the Miata. Also it’s not a Miata…

I’d grind the Alfa dealers more as they are more inclined probably to deal with the sales numbers they need to hit compared to Mazda. Mazda only has 1.7% market share and they intend to keep it that way.

Thanks for replies, everyone!

I apologize for the [quote=“kokajambo, post:1, topic:15548”]
essentially the same car, just a bit uglier
[/quote]
Should have phrased it as “built on the same platform, but matches my personal taste slightly less than Miata”

I’m going to stop by the dealer today to test drive and find out MF and RV and will report here.

MSRP of both cars in base trim is almost exactly 25K - within $100 away from each other.
And I leased my Miata NC for $290 in the past, with 0 down, it was also around 25K.
Good ol’ days :slight_smile:

Looks like it’s a decent deal.

http://www.fiatusaofbloomfieldhills.com/

MI dealer, so may include FCA employee discount.

Ok, looks like 36 months 10k miles residual is 53%, and money factor is 0.00080
$1000 off msrp, $1250 some magical rebate that I haven’t found on the fiatusa website.
Result is $336 per mo with 0 down, much better than what I was able to get for a miata.

Kokajambo, could you please confirm what was the MSRP of the car for that lease deal?

yes sir, it was the very basic model for $24,995, in white color

Thanks! Really appreciated.