Feedback please: Honda Odyssey 2020 lease quote

Looking for feedback on quote below.

Odyssey Elite 2020 (36/12K)
MSRP $48415
Selling $42715
Residual: 56%, MF: .00130
Monthly ~$585 with CA taxes included
Drive off amount $1511.26 (Breakdown: 1st month payment - $585, Registration and fee - $720, Cap cost reduction - $205)

It will be great if you can also share ideas on what dealers don’t mind giving away to get the deal done (perhaps things like tinted windows for kiddos).

EX-L with RES/NAV will lease much better since the RV is 2% higher. As a fellow Ody leasee, I don’t think the Elite bells and whistles are worth an extra $3500-$4k over the life of the lease. Do you have Costco? That will get you another $500 post sale in Costco cash.

2 Likes

We’ve been seeing similar numbers for Elites. It’s a good deal but EX-Ls do lease better.

1 Like

Aren’t the second and third rows tinted from the factory? AKA privacy glass

1 Like

The heat rejection is pretty bad on the Odyssey privacy glass. I had ceramic tint put over it, but I don’t think the dealership is going to spring for that.

1 Like

Yep, factory tinting is there; pull out screens are also there for the 2nd and 3rd rows. I am trying to research what dealers are fine giving away for no cost to do the deal (e.g tinting, wheel locks etc.)

As an FYI, I test drove a Pacifica Limited with entertainment and safety packages; the bells and whistles were much better.

• 2 screens for the kids (that’s a big plus as I have 2 kids with different viewing preferences)
  • Stow and Go seats in the 2nd row (more space, flexibility, convenience)
  • Cameras galore - I like the surround view which shows me where the vehicle is not just in the rear but in the front as well
    Would love to hear if folks have any concerns about Pacificas like bells and whistles breaking down, safety concerns etc for a 3 year lease. I will start a thread for Pacifica.

For a lease it shouldn’t matter, the Pacifica has its advantages. Preference on looks is subjective, I think the Honda looks best, but the new Sienna and Sedona look amazing.

The screens aren’t an issue, 2 iPads should work and is cheaper. The stow and go seating would be the biggest advantage if you really need that kind of space.

1 Like

Check that this is an option. For a while, FCA was only doing 42 month leases on pacificas, which put you 6 months out of warranty at the end.

1 Like

Focusing on Odyssey again as I talked to a few Pacifica dealers and it comes across as their deals are for promoting buying not leasing a van.

Looking for feedback on quote below .

Odyssey Touring 2020 (36/12K)
MSRP $46,180
Dealer Price $40,738 (11.8% off)

Honda Loyalty Bonus $1000
Residual: 59%, MF: .00130

Down Payment - $3000 (this is so I can keep monthly payment below $450)
Monthly Payment - $440 with CA taxes included
Drive off amount $1363 (Breakdown: 1st month payment - $440, Registration and fee - $678, Sales Tax - $245)
Cap cost reduction - $1637

1 Like

Don’t kid yourself. Your payment of ($3,000 + $440*35)/36 is way higher than $450

Yep…understood; it’s ~$511, which is way higher than $450.

• With $3K down (includes drive off of $1400), monthly payment works out to be ~$440
  • With just the drive off amount (~$1400), monthly payment works out to be ~$488
  • With zero down, monthly payment works out to be ~$525

What are the alternatives you’re thinking of…keep the cash and make the higher monthly payment? Or something else.

Only pay taxes and fees up front. Don’t do a down payment. If you total it pulling out of the lot then you lose all that down payment.

1 Like

This is a better deal than I’ve been able to get around so cal. Didn’t grind the dealers too much because I’m looking at SUVs now. Touring seems like the sweet spot between the trims. WiFi is a must for kids these days.

That’s how you should structure it. First payment DAS.

But that’s different from getting to the lowest total cost. That requires negotiations and leveraging multiple dealers. IDK how much of that you’ve already tried.

1 Like

This is much better than the Elite quote, but I still don’t think the Touring is worth the extra $40ish/month over the EXL RES/NAV. I am probably bias though since that’s what I have🤷🏻‍♂️

Agree with Max, I would ditch the cash down and go $0 due at signing. If it were me I would put that $3k in Tesla stock and see what happens in 36 months.

1 Like

Keep your lease money to pay off the lease. Don’t gamble with it.

Appreciate everyone’s input! I went with option 2 below and am looking forward to road trips with the kiddos soon.

• With $3K down (includes drive off of $1400), monthly payment works out to be ~$440
  • With just the drive off amount (~$1400), monthly payment works out to be ~$488
  • With zero down, monthly payment works out to be ~$525
2 Likes

Congrats and enjoy! We took ours from AZ to Lake Tahoe last month. Awesome vehicle!