Feedback on XC90 lease deal - Maryland

Folks, please review this deal and let me know your thoughts. Please note this is in MD where the tax is levied on the sale price and this deal has the tax included in the monthly payment.

XC90 T6 AWD Momentum with Momentum Plus Pkg & Convenience Pkg
MSRP - 61190
Sale Price - 53000 (Discount includes A - Plan)
ACQ Fee - 995
Processing Fee - 300
MF - 0.00103
Res - 57%
Freight - 995
MSD - 10 (7500)
Total Initial Pymt - 8187.08 (includes MSDs & 1st Month Pymt)
Total Monthly Payment - 687.08 (Including taxes)

One thing the sales man is saying that the vehicle has everything included in terms of maintenance, all that I am responsible for is tires and rims all other items are included in their maintenance plan.

I am wondering if its worth to pay taxes up front instead of rolling it into the payment.

Please share your thoughts and provide guidance.

is the MF 0.00103 before or after 10 MSD?

Before the MSDs…its 0.00053 after MSDs

They jacked up the acquisition fee by $300. What is “processing” fee? Destination of fee of $995 is on the window sticker. Make sure they didn’t charge you twice.

for some reason, if put the above number into the calculator, I don’t get the same payment. I got something in $570 before tax. did I miss something? In that case, 10 MSD will also be reduced to $6750, Personally, I think ~$570 payment is a good lease.

Yeah I understand the acq fee, the processing fee is standard here for MD is what I was told. Thanks for the Destination fee info…def looks like I am getting charged twice for it.

1 Like

I know what you mean but remember I am doing a true 0 down in a sense that my payment is 1st month and the MSDs. Also the monthly payment already includes the taxes which in MD its on the sale price and not on the monthly payment…that hurts the most (almost increases monthly payment by 100).

1 Like

Generally MSRP includes the freight. Unless you’re having it shipped to you from the dealer.

So in some state, leasing require tax on full purchase price??? not just the portion you pay for?

Yup, MD, VA and some other as I understand…that’s why I was asking if it makes sense to do the tax upfront and keep the lease payment down…I wonder if there are benefits to it from tax perspective.

Without dissecting your deal - do yourself a favor and go to @CarandWatch’s dealer in PA. You will get a straight deal, without BS. And Volvo incentives are higher in NE region.

So before getting this quote I had contacted the PA dealer and spoke about my requirements but then he never called me back with a quote. I followed up with a phone call and email but still no response. It’s been over 5 days now so i am thinking he doesn’t want to deal with me? I am not sure what more i can do.

Aren’t incentives based upon registration zip code? So he should get MD incentives (and full sales tax) no matter from which dealer he purchased.

I had a different expirience. He’s off in the middle of a week and also in for a half day once. Probably just busy at the end of the month, but I don’t know how reasonable you expectations are.

Apparently not. Our two popular brokers also didn’t have problem with getting me a deal in NER :slightly_smiling_face:
Tax - yes.

Something to think about if I want to buy another Volvo. My Volvo loyalty is good until early August.

Definitely, gives more options.

Anyone have thoughts on how much of a discount I should be shooting for on a 2018 xc90 loaner with about 3200 miles on it (msrp $53800) it’s a T5 mom…

15% easy peasy for sure

1 Like