Feds bust top vehicle seller in rebate fraud

1. not possible
  2. not even if you ask where to lease a Pallisade for 12 months under $400 sign and drive

1 Like

I didnā€™t read the whole article but I am assuming they wont give me a loyalty discount.

Similar but for Toyotaā€¦

Didnā€™t want a new threadā€¦ just figured Iā€™d revive an old one

3 Likes

Neat, he did something that any regular joe can do, buy out rusted cars and sell them back to Toyota, but as a dealer, he shouldnā€™t have done thatā€¦ouch.

Only nine counts. What an amateur compared to Apollo. Well Sentencing is in March so lets see what he gets.

Lolā€¦ probably went with slam dunk charges to avoid spending too much resourcesā€¦

When I got my Jeep in 2018 AR 1% under invoice combined with dealer discount was under EP and these people payed $600 to get to EP?!

Just realized this is from Aprilā€¦

Yup, Iā€™ve gotten $2k under invoice on FCA products pre pandemic easily.

I am interested in how this case will turn out. Iā€™ve worked at dealerships before and I would bet money that management knew, alongside corporate. This has been happening since 2014. It doesnā€™t take a 7 years to uncover something like this. After 1 or 2 years, FCA definitely knew what was going on and should have intervened in some way if they cared. They probably didnā€™t care when times were good and now that thereā€™s no inventory, theyā€™re trying to gets some judgements to pad their books.

I wonder how much money this guy was making from selling all those cars - I would guess at least $60-70k/mo.

1 Like

Look at the Date, Apr 2021 before the Carpocalypse.