FCA Employee Discount. Stackable?

Midwest

First time hacker here. Been reading a ton and going through the process.

I am currently negotiating a 36/12 lease on a 2021 GC high altitude 4x4. As with most FCA dealers, they have the car listed for 44k for sale but will not go more than 8% of msrp for lease (particular one is 54k).
I am lucky enough to have a brother in law who works for FCA and given me 5% employee discount (not the 1% for friends). The dealership is telling me it’s not stackable and it’s only off the MSRP. I was under the impression, that discount comes directly from the factory and has nothing to do with the dealer. My brother in law is been leasing for years, stacking the discount on top.

Anyone have any experience with this? Is it ridiculous for me to think I can get the selling price to 45k? Though they would want to move inventory since new generation is around the corner.

Any insight would help. Thank you!

8% off MSRP before incentives is an incredibly strong deal that is hard to get in the northeast where the Grand Cherokees flow from dealers like water flows in a river, so I wouldn’t exactly be disappointed. You’re well blow invoice at that %.

The EP code I believe gives you a deal that is 5% below invoice, not 5% off.

As far as I know the deal is set by that parameter, 5% below invoice, and you’re not going to get any more off past that.

If you have a legit EP pricing code, take that deal and run, it’s a good deal.

Also, 45k is below invoice, holdback, and employee pricing (which is slightly below invoice and holdback), so no, 16.7% off MSRP is not happening. Maybe if it was December 31st (hah) and they were 1 car short of a bonus and you were the last prospect they had, other than that, no.

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been.

So unless you are willing to push this boulder uphill, you need to look at other makes/models that lease better and offer more value per dollar. Literally anything would be better value than a vehicle so poorly built that not all of its airbags deployed as intended during crash testing.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to see what’s leasing well and narrow down your search.

It is not fully stackable. Some dealers will give little bit discount beyond the EP (1k is reasonable to expect on A GC) but some won’t. Incentives are stackable though.

Where in midwest? Usually Ohio and Michigan dealers will be more willing to work beyond EP.

By the way best GC to lease now is Limited. Ask for that numbers should be significantly better than High Altitude.

Employee pin stops at 5% under invoice, it’s dealers discretion on extra dealer discount.

Employee pin is very hard to beat on most brands, especially fca.

You’re right, Limited leases best by far, but I assume if he wants a HA he’s probably not willing to get a limited. Could be wrong tho. If not, OP, definitely look into a loaded limited.

It’s for the wife and she is set on HA. I am not all that crazy about it the car itself, especially getting an expiring generation. Maybe I will have to look into something else.

Thanks for all the input. Really appreciate it!

UPDATE:

After a whole lot of back and forth many dealership, I got one to play ball. These numbers are great except they have the residual set at at 53% for 36/12. Edmunds all ready confirmed .00016 and 61% residual for my zip code 60090. I insisted the residual should much higher but they are saying this what they are getting. How can the residual be that off? Any help would be appreciated. I would be taking delivery if it wasn’t for this.

Thank you

They are probably using a different leasing company