Factory Order XC90 - Any Savings to be Had?

I currently have a 2019 XC90 lease with a good amount of equity maturing on April 1. Trying to figure out if it is advantageous to place a factory order since timing isn’t critical and I haven’t seen any in-stock units with the packages I want. Any insight would be helpful, thanks!

Note: I am also fine just buying out my lease if leasing a replacement doesn’t make sense financially in the current market.

Is the dealer requiring a deposit to put in an order? Is it refundable? Those are things to consider.

He could trade it in for a new Volvo lease…if they will give any equity.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. On paper there is about $8k in equity ($43k payoff vs. Carvana offer of $51,600 - yes I know I can’t sell to them, just using as a reference point). It’s a decently well-equipped Inscription with a $71k original MSRP. I’ve looked at rolling in the cost of certifying and replacing wear parts (brakes and tires), and on a 48 month loan the cost would be almost $500/month more than I’m paying on the lease for a dated vehicle. Frankly if I could get into a new lease in the $800-900s after rolling in that “equity” I’d be happy with that. The issue is I’m looking for one with most options stickering around $80k; I was surprised that almost no in-stock vehicles anywhere in the country have Lounge, as the nubuck headliner and massaging seats in a sub-6-figure vehicle are the real selling points for Volvo.

Order what you want and either sell to your Volvo dealer for some equity or buy it out then sell and pocket all the equity. You won’t get the same equity from a Volvo dealer for sure. Try @Benedetto

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.