F-type vs 718 Porsche Boxster

Which 2k worth of incentives are currently on the F type?

No … :wink:

Porsche was more fun to drive but jag is reslly lease hacking at 100 a momth less than the Porsche.

Quoting rv guy

FWIW, it looks like US Bank has the best deal currently on the base F-Type. Any trim above the base MT or AT will be a better deal with the captive. Ally isn’t trying for the F-Type business.

US Bank currently has a 71% 36/10k RV with 0.00120 on the MF for the base Coupe. Chase (Jag’s Captive) is at the same RV but has a $2k lease incentive and a much higher MF of .00254 on the MT and .00246 on the AT. So US Bank has a decent payment advantage currently.

What are the 24/10 and 36/10 numbers for a base AWD and premium AWD? Does the same price advantage exist between captive and USB? Thanks.

Hey vhooloo- how did you come to find out the MF this month?

I just quoted @Rvguy. We should ask him for MF for Jag. Porsche dealer told me 0.002 (which is standard)

F-Type 2dr Coupe AT (Base)

US Bank
36/10k RV: 70%
MF varies by state and is between 0.00130 and 0.00171
Acq Fee: 695

Chase (Captive)
36/10k RV: 70%
MF 0.00234
$2k incentive
Acq Fee: $795

The lowest monthly payment between Chase and US Bank will vary by state, depending on where in US Bank’s range of MFs your state falls. I don’t have time to post the breakdown of each state.

And then if you live in one of the states where a Credit Union is leasing, they will almost always have the lowest monthly payment on the F-Type Coupe AT because most of our CUs have a lower MF than US Bank’s lowest.

F-Type 2dr Coupe S AWD

US Bank
36/10k RV: 53%
MF varies by state and is between 0.00195 and 0.00215
Acq Fee: 695

Chase (Captive)
36/10k RV: 56%
MF 0.00022
$2k incentive
Acq Fee: $795

@Electrifi38 I don’t have the specific numbers for 24m but the payment at all lenders is a lot higher ($100-200/mo higher) than 36m. The Premium is only RWD. The AWD is only available on the S, R and SVR trim levels.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’m assuming that’s a typo and there’s an extra “0” for th MF for Chase?

Sorry, I had them mixed up. Chase has a heavily subvened MF of 0.00022 on the S AWD.

I was shopping between the 718 and FTYPE… the jag was just cheaper and I couldn’t justify the substantially higher payments for the 718. I do miss my Porsche though - had the cayman s before the FTYPE. Great car.

Just buy a 4-5 year old Porsche 911 S – $50-55k. Per somebody here, it depreciates (anecdotally) really fast the first 4 years and then it the value drops slower.

The F-Type and Porsche are very different cars

Thank you RV guy, do you happen to know the 36/12 RV for the Base AT coupe?

Do you happen to know which CU is supporting leases? I can figure out if my state applies or if I have a friend who can help.

Cheers

@vhooloo the F Type S AWD all day over the Boxster.

New to the forum, so please go easy on me. Am I understanding this right?

People are getting the F-Type S for sub $400 with $1k down + fees? Just want to make sure I’m on the same page as you all :smiley:

Not the S. The base coupe was around $418/month for 36/10k.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ve tried searching on this but specific details are nebulous.

If I’m understanding this correctly, it needs to be done on an individual basis with a dealer, isn’t region specific, and is because of the super high RV for March? I’ll reach out to a few dealers who have base F Type inventory then.

I’m so in if I can find something like this.

Where are you located? This does seem region specific as I haven’t read about anyone outside of CA getting these deals. Seems like 1 deal was done in NorCal and the rest were done at Rusnak in SoCal.

That’s what I was able to find on this forum. I’m in Bay Area (NorCal) and would be ready to make the move ASAP.

If I’m hijacking this thread, happy to start another. Figured this was relevant for others browsing.

I see a 2016 base Jaguar manual near me that I will email the dealer on…

Look for @atomhawk, he is in NorCal and did a deal close to $418/mo + tax with $1,800 down. This is for the base model “non-VIP” model. Search the forum for the specific car. The non-base models are in higher demand so not discounted as much. In order for this deal to work, you will need a $10k discount from $63k MSRP. Most of us got this with Todd @ Rusnak in Pasadena, CA (SoCal)

I don’t know what you mean by nebulous … the details are all in the F-Type specific posts (please do a search). If you are trying to find the magic combo on high residual and low MF on the Jaguar, we haven’t seen it yet. Usually, they flip flop the residual and MF so the payments stay about the same. The best deal ever for the F-Type is below. I know most of us paid about $1,800 down so the drive-off for us was $4k in total including the $1,800 down. Our goal was to get the monthly to under $500/mo including tax so even doing the $1,800 down was no big deal … this is a $63k MSRP car. So $418/mo + tax = $445/mo + ($1,800/36 = $50) = $495/mo

Please note that the base model is missing some “normal” stuff (like no backup camera) which explains the discount

2 Likes