Extension of an one-pay GM financial lease

Hello Hackrs, does anybody here have experience extending a one-pay GM financial lease? I currently have 24 month one-pay Buick Enclave lease at household. When I called GMF today to enquire about extending, I was given a monthly payment number calculated based on the total I paid towards scheduled payment (i.e. depreciation + rent charges + state tax) divided by 24. Does this sound correct?

Also, I was told that I could extend for a max of 6 months, with 1 - 2 months extended at a time. I thought I could request for extension only once for a vehicle. Any comments?

GMF seems to extend leases based on who you talk to. I suspect it has something to do with WHAT you are leasing from them. Some have reported anywhere from 2-6 months allowed, and some have reported not being allowed at all. Likewise with the extensions. Note that GMF requires good payment history, and any lates/missed payments could have caused the ā€œnoā€ from those that have reported they couldnā€™t extend.

As far as your calc goes, if thatā€™s what they told you, you donā€™t really have much recourse if you want to extend it. They arenā€™t going to bargain with you.

It does sound legit though.

1 Like

Thank you for your elaborate response. The number sounded too good to be true, so I wanted to check with hackrs here about their experience.

I will post here for updates after my request for extension is complete.

1 Like

Iā€™m into my 4th month extension on my Cadillac ATS. I may stretch it into 6. I think it does matter what make you are in. They also asked me why I wanted to extend and my canned response is ā€˜I canā€™t find another gm vehicle that fits my budget currentlyā€™. (edit- Iā€™m not on a one pay)

2 Likes

Interestingā€¦most other manufacturers donā€™t let you extend a one-pay.

Thanks, I borrowed your reason for extension request and that seemed to have worked for me as well. They are emailing me the paper work for 2 months extension at $144.86 a month.

1 Like

Extra points for the company line! ā€œPatiently waiting out the strike, just between us GM super fans.ā€

When I looked into an extension, GM told me that I could extend for 2 months at a time up to 6 months total.

However they would not extend the miles allotted in the contract. No more miles given.

Yes, that is true. No change in the allotted miles or residual amount.

Just called today about my one pay lease in Terrain and the agent indicated they canā€™t extend one-pay lease. And she also indicated a valid reason was needed to extend lease, such as waiting an ordered GM car. ā€˜I canā€™t find another gm vehicle that fits my budget currentlyā€™ is not a valid reason to extend.
Anybody has a similar experience recently, or I need to call again to speak to a different agent?

Try again. There are plenty of people that have extended with GMF, and plenty that couldnā€™t. Thereā€™s no rhyme or reason. There are no guarantees in life, and that goes for lease extensions as well.