Extended warranty for lease extension

My mother in law’s 2020 Q3 lease is ending and we’ve extended it, hoping to wait out the market. Since it’s an Audi, I’m looking at extended warranty to cover the period of the extension since the manufacturers warranty will no longer be in effect. I spoke to a rep from the company that AAA works with for extended warranties and he said there is a 30 day and 1000-mile period at the beginning of the warranty within which no claims can be made. I have heard of these periods (and interesting why the warranty companies need them) but is the 30/1000 standard, or is it possible to find different terms?

I’m also conflicted because the car has 10,500 miles on it after 3 years ago it will take her around 3-4 months to get to 1000 miles, by which point she’ll only have the car for two more months before turning it in. Is the extended warranty even worth it at that point? Monthly cost works out to $43/mo. Thoughts, hackrs?

Why wouldn’t it be covered under the standard 4/50k warranty? I extended my BMW lease, and don’t need a separate warranty as it’s still covered.

Audi has 4 year/50k miles warranty.

Sorry, I’m stupid. This topic can be closed now. Thank you both.

1 Like

OP’s request