Experience selling Audi lease?

Has anyone had success with selling an Audi lease to Vroom (or similar)? i’m looking into it and have searched all over the forums for way too long with no luck. I called Audi financial to get the true dealer pay-off quote and they wouldn’t give it to me. Do i really have to do a 3-way call with them and vroom? Also does anyone have experience with how comparable the dealer pay off quote has been in comparison to my RV + remaining payments (my payoff quote ignoring taxes)? Thanks!

What are you looking to sell? Please send vin & miles

Sent you a message

Getting online quotes with the absence of a “We don’t work with that lender” message is a good start

Sorry i don’t follow?

Get online quotes from vroom, Carvana etc.

See if they make you an offer or come back with “We don’t buy leases from Audi FS”

Ah thanks. Yeah, i’ve gotten quotes from all of them and none of them said that.

Then your next step is to call whichever of those was the highest bidder

where are you located at ?

Yeah i have been in contact with Vroom - they told me to call AFS and connect Vroom into the call, but of course AFS puts you on hold forever. That’s why i was hoping to get feedback on if AFS’s dealer quote has been similar to personal payoff quote, just as a baseline. Thanks

I’ve been thinking about this as an option as well. I have a 2018 Q5 that has 14 months left on the lease. Carvana had the highest online offer (Vroom, KBB instant offer), but when I got the payoff amount from AFS- there’s online link from audifs.com under your account management- I would be ~ $2000ish under. That wouldn’t work for me. I’d like to break even and then, I would do another unicorn. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, I’ll be staying put until next year in 11 months.

Keep in mind the payoff on AFS is for you to pay off the car only (including taxes). If a dealer were to pay it off they don’t pay tax on it so the payoff would be lower (in my case the dealer payoff is very close to my residual + remaining payments). So you might want to double check your payoff before tax

1 Like

Mahalo- never thought about that. After I reviewed the numbers- I’d save a bit more but still ~ a tick under $1300 under water.

Guess, I’ll stay put for now.

No problem! Great deal on the e tron. Would love to get into one!

I actually went to start the process of selling my 2018 S5 Sportback to Carvana yesterday, but ran into issues with how Audi quotes your personal payoff vs. what the quote to Carvana.

For example they quoted me: Residual Value + Sales Tax - MSDs = My Price (as expected)

The quoted Carvana: “Actual Market Value” , which was $7,000 more than my residual to buy out the car.

That basically killed any ability for me to make a sale to Carvana, as there offer was right at my residual. So don’t assume Audi will quote an outside dealer the same payoff they quote you…because they don’t.

One thing I didn’t ask is what price an Audi dealer has to pay for the vehicle. Does anyone know if the pay your residual or AFS’s “Market Value” to purchase the car?

Thanks. I got the “dealer payoff” and it’s close to my residual without taxes. I think Audi would offer you what they are willing to pay for the car to still make money, meaning it doesn’t have to be residual or AFS market value

Captives often allow their own dealers to pay the lower of RV or market value to buy a car, but IDK about AFS specifically

1 Like

I’ve doing some research on this over the last 2 days and ran into the same issue. The price AFS quotes another entity is typically higher than the “payoff” value that they quote the current lessee.

After trying to figure a way to make it work, I hit a road block and it looks like I’ll be keeping my 2018 Q5 for the remaining 14 months. It just didn’t make financial sense to move forward.

Thanks @max_g. Looks like my only option would be to sell to an Audi dealer. Based on some research similarly equipped and mileaged cars are listed for $48 - $52 on dealer websites. Hopefully I can get them to part with $44 or $45 and walk away with a little bit of cash.

They will give you wholesale or less, depending on what they can get a similar car at auction for. They won’t give you KBB