"Exclusive VIP Invitation" to Toyota Rav4 Upgrade Program

2021 Toyota Rav4 XLE w/ ~10k miles, cash purchase new in San Francisco.

The offer arrived in the mail today, along with $1,000 off of the next vehicle purchase on the back of the Vehicle Acquisition Manager. I would normally just toss these into recycling, but I was curious if there was any possibility that this deal was legit and worth looking into, given how few miles our vehicle has.

The only information I was able to find by Googling was from various dealerships. Does anyone here have an understanding of how this program works and where the โ€œgotchaโ€ trap might be?

Youโ€™ve been marketed to. This is just a spam letter from a local dealer to get you in the door.

8 Likes

As a โ€œVIPโ€ theyโ€™ll knock $1k off of $5k ADM :grinning:

2 Likes

Iโ€™ve been out of the direct mail game for a long time, but I would have probably started that message with:

[title] [last_name]:

Or, depending on the brand of the dealership, maybe

Hi, [first_name]!

followed by

Due to a recent unexpected spike in demand for used vehicles, we urgently need inventory, and trade-in values have never been this strong for your [year] [make] [model]โ€ฆ

๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฐ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ถ๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ

1 Like

I cropped the image to remove my personal details, but yea, the font was a terrible decision :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wait just a minuteโ€ฆthe manager didnโ€™t hand write that note to you? Damn, bamboozled again.

1 Like

I know, right?? They had even said I was their favorite customer in years! /s :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.