Every single quote should be zero down, 1st month DAS only

that’s exactly my point. we need apples to apples numbers here

it wouldn’t be that hard to do, make every marketplace post have the same structure on lease rates, nothing but first DAS, and the disclaimer “tax not included”. it would simplify the search and keep everyone on the same page

Why? If LH “know better,” then the only reason I can see why the dealers and brokers should all have to structure their deals in one consistent fashion is b/c LHs are too lazy to do basic math? Or to ask the broker or dealer to structure it as only first mo DAS?

2 Likes

Best answer.

Best solution.

From a dealer standpoint, if you do $0 DAS, they basically roll all the drive offs to the selling price of the car. It will seem that you are paying markup for the vehicle and have to explain that.

I mean you can be specific on what you are asking to quote like 0 cap cost reduction.

Other term: Min Drive, Full Drives, Sign and Drive. Easier to ask for selling price residual and money factor and run your own calculations.

Agreed - all a potential buyer needs to do is request 1st month DAS quotes from brokers/dealers and they’ll have the necessary information at their disposal for decision-making.

1 Like

Agreed when we say on this site don’t put anything down we don’t mean every lease has to be zero money out of pocket. I am fine with paying inception fees. What we mean is don’t put down $5K cap cost reduction because “I wanted to be under $500 a month”.

4 Likes

When I was active as a broker, I always did:

$XXX/Month + Tax, with 1st Month, DMV, Dealer/Doc Due at Signing.

Customer could pay tax up or roll it in.

I think when you’re brokering, particularly here, it makes less sense to put cap cost reductions in your ads, however, I understand why some brokers are doing it now with the current situation we’re in.

If you haven’t brokered here, you haven’t seen the other side, but trust me I understand why some brokers are putting Cap Cost Reds in their quotes.

Close this nonsense topic. Anyone can post deals as they wish. If you’re too lazy to do the math then move on.

2 Likes

I agree with this. If a broker wants to hide a bunch of bs in the das they’re just creating more work for themselves. They might hook a couple newbies, but in this market of super high pricing I’ve found almost everyone is getting multiple quotes on the vehicles they want.

1 Like

weird I have to spell it out, but you stated the very reason in your little complaint: consistency. for example! tattoo artists, when booking, will often have a specific format that ppl must follow: email with x subject, date desired, size and placement of tattoo. that’s to ensure an easier time on their end, rather than chasing down DMs and texts and whatever else, they keep all the inquiries in the same place and minimize hassle. Consistency is very useful, and right now the marketplace is an unregulated pile of nonsense deals. Keeping all of them in one format would make it easier to cross shop and read thru.

It’s the same way teachers would want all assignments in 12pt font and 1” margins. It’s not cause they can’t do simple reading, it makes it a better experience.

ah yes, the discerning fan of the lady’s beginner suv, i am heartbroken you don’t understand the nature of my complaint

Your complaint has been made. Lashing out at everyone won’t make things any better.