Ever made a profit on a lease?

People who leased the '18 Clarity will likely have some equity and do better trading it in versus returning it.

1 Like

2015 Chevy spark ev lease under $85 a month for 36 months with $0 drive off. $2500 cvrp plus $450 socal Edison rebates made this lease less than $15 total over 3 years. This one turned out to be a lemon with faulty brakes and I turned it in two months early and got nearly $2k back from GM.

If you look through 2017 post you will see the fire sale Fiat had on the 500e. Pretty much everyone that paid $4400 one pay (before any state and utility credits) for the 3 year lease made money on it.

What do you mean by that? Are you referring to depletion or range anxiety? I have almost 0 depletion on mine after almost 3 years.

Only for the lucky ones on the East Coast.

Lessed the encore last year March. A month later Vroom offered 1200 bucks higher than pay off. Told my wife, i was thinking about flipping it…
Got the nastiest stare ever and that freaking cars still standing in my driveway.

3 Likes

Equity is great if it’s due to high resale values. If it’s due to a really low RV, then you’ve been paying payments that were higher than they needed to be.

Take any car you’ve leased. You could have a lot of equity if the RV is 0.20, but you could have even more if it were 0.10
(Extreme examples to illustrate the point).

In the meantime do you want the higher payments attached to the lower RV?

1 Like

Had a similar situation with a RX350 but I actually pulled the trigger. $1,400 net cash inflow with an additional $1,800 in pull ahead payment waivers.

Wish I could replicate that one a few more times.

The Golf showed 97% battery life at 42000 mile service at a VW Dealership
But at 46500 miles it wouldnt charge over 67 miles no matter what chargers I used. The mile meter would then randomly fluctuate to 40 miles and still give me 60 miles of actual.But never gave me the 85 miles i was used to with 40/60% freeway/city mixed driving.
I would sometimes get the 18 mile alert after driving just 40 miles and then when parked the car would bump remaining miles to 32.
Drove me crazy that i decided to get rid of it and go for the 2018 Clarity PHEV Lease mentioned by @HondaSoCal here.

not really a profit, but he lease was considerably less

but my mom leased a crosstrek 4-5 years ago.

not sure what happen but the residual value came out $5-6k less than what it was selling for at the time.

she was happy

Thanks for the info…it sounds like a software problem (bms maybe) rather than a battery problem. I have that Clarity too but still prefer the eGolf.

1 Like

I sold my 2015 Macan S to the Porsche dealer in January of this year and made $1,000. I did not push them hard as I was happy with the buyout price.

Waiting for it. I have 2 of them on my account :sunglasses:

16 bmw 528 transfer after 4 months $1200
18 MB e300 transfer after 6 months $1000
18 bmw 530 transfer after 3 months $3250
17 bmw i3 transfer after 10 months $1250
18 Porsche 718 transfer in 3months $???

feeling a bit braggy

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Where to sell your vehicle online

When you mean by transfer do you mean you trade-in back to dealer for a new lease?

“Do you even math bro”??

Where are you trading it in?

Just curious if anyone has been able to get a lease deal so good that they were able to transfer it to someone else and actually make out. For example they were able to transfer the monthly payments and also have someone PAY an incentive to assume that lease.

Best I ever did was buying a 2012 Subaru WRX at the end of the lease for $16,800 and sold it 3 weeks later for $20,000

1 Like

Are you still eligible for the loyalty credit if you transfer a lease and buy a new vehicle? BMWFS customer support told me no but the fine print says otherwise.

Yes should be fine. Just make sure you have an old registration card or insurance card

1 Like