Ever made a profit on a lease?

Best I ever did was buying a 2012 Subaru WRX at the end of the lease for $16,800 and sold it 3 weeks later for $20,000

1 Like

Are you still eligible for the loyalty credit if you transfer a lease and buy a new vehicle? BMWFS customer support told me no but the fine print says otherwise.

Yes should be fine. Just make sure you have an old registration card or insurance card

1 Like

Doesn’t Bmw loyalty go back one year?

1 Like

After some hiccups with Vroom, I sold my 2017 Lexus ES350 to Vroom and had $2000 in positive equity. All the other competitors like Carvana, Shift, Auto Nation, Carmax, were either at buy out price or negative equity. I lucked out in gaining positive equity after only 18 months of leasing.

Hopefully not jinxing it but expecting to after 2 months of leasing my TRD Pro 4Runner

Already have Vroom offers more than the payoff :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m about to make this leap myself and get paid $3,050 to flip my unicorn X2. Next target car is either a 3s, or 4s loaner but I don’t mind the idea of a 4s vert!

Verts never lease well enough imo

Too much risk, in the northeast atleast

1 Like

Yeah, I’m noticing this… I need to price one out, preferably a 440i xD

I went into the Hyundai dealer to lease a car. The salesman, his manager and the owner of the store were so nice. They liked me so much that they paid me to drive a Sonata.

They made all the lease payments and gave me a few hundred extra on top every month. They paid all the up-front charges and all the maintenance and gave me a gasoline credit card to use.

As I was leaving the dealership we all held hands and sang Kumbaya !

What a great dealership !

4 Likes

Can you PM me the dealer info?

2 Likes

I hear that all Hyundai dealerships are - like the best !

You can go to any of them for a car leasing experience “that you will never forget” !

Lol… i hope your not serious @Mark.ca

I’m not interested in a new car but holding hands and singing Kumbaya sounds very tempting.

1 Like

Lol… :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Amazing work! When you say “transfer”, are you talking about ‘lease transfer’ [and getting a down payment as part of the lease transfer] or sale to a third-party [where you got more from the third-buyer buyer than the buyout price of the lease]?

Getting down payment

How much are you putting at drive off? I assume it works best without MSDs and as little drive off as possible?

Im assuming that they meant 0 drive off and the down payment on the transfer is all or mostly profit less any payments made towards the lease itself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this just buyout minus payoff or net profit after acq costs?