Evaluate this deal 21 M440i

Search the forum for M235i

Check this forum and swap a lease for transfers. You aren’t far off from an M4 at this price.

In 12 months when these cars are leasing for half the price, a bunch of these will go on swap a lease and we’ll be making fun of them for being fully loaded and kid free in the worst lease deals thread.

6 Likes

10707, 36/12k

How are the 21 M2C’s leasing these days?

Would I be better off just buying and selling in 3 yrs? MF, RV, incentives? TIA.

Ask for incentives on Edmunds. And buying will be better, the lease programs have always been bad for m2

you could probably sell a 2018 M2 for what 40k easy? to lease it would probably be close to 1000/mo

Will ask on edmunds. Jeez 1k/mo to lease? Ok, buying would seem the way to go.

Same goes for the m4 comp? Better to buy than lease? Thanks in advance.

I just offloaded my 2018 to VROOM for $40k. Would have probably done better if it wasn’t for the Competition and CS models.

With the G87 due 2 years from now I think my sale should give you an idea of what 3 years from now looks like.

1 Like

There’s basically no discrepancy here other than the das not matching.

…which was an output of the numbers entered by the OP. So there was obviously a discrepancy in the numbers or info that were entered.

User error in not matching das rather than a discrepancy in the amounts provided by the dealer. One changes cost significantly, the other doesn’t.

Comes down to the difference between the numbers being incorrect vs the terms just not being the same but both being valid.

Given you’re considering other models I’d also throw in the the 540 for consideration, I love mine.
Engines are comparable… Lower hp but only 0.3 secs slower to 60 than the m440.

I prefer the extra space to the 3 series especially the trunk and it has an incredible ride. I was considering a m340 as well.

You should be able to get one well equipped in your price range brand new, or better if you can find a loaner. Plenty of broker options posted. 540 is the Goldilocks model of size, engine and price imo.

Good luck with the search

1 Like

It would have been nice to know why the OP’s payment using the Calculator came out to be $80 less than the dealer’s quote, is all. What was entered that produced a $3904 DAS v. the $994 quoted by the dealer? It may not matter to the OP anymore but I am trying to educate myself on the Calculator – otherwise, how are you supposed to have a solid starting point for negotiations?

They’re the same numbers basically, and the entire reason why you can’t ever look at monthly payment in a vacuum. There isn’t a specific amount that’s the “correct” das. Comes down to how much you want to do. Dealers will often show numbers with a higher das amount because it makes the monthly lower, but it’s just moving money from one pocket to the other.

How many miles did it have? DCT or manual?

AW, Executive Package, CarPlay, DCT with 22,000 on it

1 Like

Here you go.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.