EV tires discussion thread

It’s pretty well known by now that EVs can go through tires faster than ICE cars. Since many of us took advantage of the fantastic deals on EVs lately, I thought this would be a nice discussion topic.

How are your tires been doing? Do you think EV specific tires are really that much better than traditional tires, and what do you prioritize (range, comfort, handling, wet/snow, noise, long-lasting, etc)? Do you have runflats or normal? Have you changed your driving style at all to accommodate?

I’m looking for a new set of all-season tires for my EQS580 SUV, it was a demo with 8500 miles and treads were only at 5/32 on pickup. I could either go with the Pirelli Scorpion Zero “Elect” that comes OE with EQS, or Pirelli Verde All Seasons, Pirelli Weatheractives, or maybe something else altogether. I’m leaning towards the “Elect” EV-specific tires, though I’ve seen other posts on different forums saying that OE tires suck. What would you guys do? Would “EV specific” tires really outperform just any other light truck/heavy SUV tire?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: EV premature tire wear?