EV, PHEV, Hybrid…what models do you recommend?

My BMW 5 Series comes to maturity in August.

I’m becoming interested in an EV, PHEV, and or Hybrid vehicle. This assuming NJ’s Charge Up program returns this summer and the combination of the fed incentive.

So, what would you recommend as I’d like to start test driving vehicles next month. If you need any additional data, please ask! Must be full sized sedan or suv, as I have 1 in a rear facing car seat and likely have a second during the course of the next vehicle lease.

Thanks!

My 1 in a rear facing car seat fits quite nicely in my e-tron.

1 Like

Leaf EV is the Cheapest.
Bolt Will probably go sub $5k after rebates if they are nice (and need to have a good 3rd quarter.)

2 Likes

The BMW 330e is a good option - especially coming out of a BMW lease with loyalty. Several posts with strong recent deals.

Yea, I’m sad I missed that opportunity, but I didn’t want to pull the trigger that many months out and have 2 car payments.

Considered this, but concerned on the space with a little one that is rear facing. Want to ensure my wife can be comfortable when in the car.

Can’t argue with cheap, but they’re so ugly.

The opportunity is not missed. See my post in the other thread. I was able to qualify for $6600 in rebates. Put your current vehicle on Carvana/Vroom and go for the 330e imo

I was referring to the ETron opportunity. Unfortunately, Vroom and Carvana come up short on the buyout considering my only at 13k and have 21k allotted for the 24 month term.

I have a clek fllo in rear facing and one in front facing.

I had it rear facing in a 330e and hated it. It wouldn’t work. In the 530e it works fine actually. I tested the Audi q5e and the e-tron and that worked well too. Also the Tesla model y worked rear facing.

There is a Facebook group dedicated to car seats where people will tell you if your brand fits. I can ask my wife later if you are interested.

I have the Nuna Rava…it’s big. Fits the 530i with zero issues and my wife can comfortably sit in the front seat.

I know the 330e will be tighter. Unfortunately, at this time the 530e isn’t anywhere as attractive of a lease as my 19’ 530i is.

BTW Hybrids don’t count as Electrics for the Charge Up Program. All Hybrids do is save a lot of gas.

We have a Sonata hybrid in Limited trim which I have to say i’m super impressed by so far. However i’ll caveat it by saying we came from a 2018 Highlander so literally anything is better than that interior wise. It’s probably quite a step down from a 5 series AND there’s not huge amounts of room in the back.

Based on our experiences with the Sonata so far, we’re waiting on the Tucson PHEV and Kia Sorento PHEV to try them out - but they’re certainly not going to lease well initially.

Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 13.35.11

I’m aware, but wanted to include anyway.