EV cars future (5-10 years)

Because I don’t want to spend 30+ minutes everyday waiting for me vehicle to charge, I’ve got better things to do. Also every gas near me has a bathroom (although not always so clean) and snacks. It was more of testing the waters to see how having an EV would be without home charging when I rented the Polestar. Definitely wouldn’t own an EV if I didn’t have at home charging with the current battery and charging technologies.

3 Likes

I completely agree. Also, when I’m on a long trip I don’t mind stopping for a quick meal and that would be opportune time for a charge. You’re not getting that at a Walmart (at best they have some fast food junk). I much prefer chargers that are located in strip malls with a variety of food options.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the large truck stop chains, which have announced plans to roll out fast chargers. They are conveniently located along highways, have restrooms, and some even have diner style restaurants (Black Bear diner?). I’m sure the food isn’t top notch, but I hope it would be somewhat better than a McDonald’s.

If EVs catch on a bit more in Indiana, I’ve got the perfect business model. I’ll call it a “charge and chill”, it will have a fast casual type of restaurant with a cafe, places to sit and work, a “fun room” for the families (arcade, toys, etc) and of course shopping. It will be like the EV Buc-ee’s!

That would be perfect. I think the truck stops have a great opportunity to morph into something like that. They already have all the infrastructure and the perfect locations. Take a look at these diner locations.

https://www.ta-petro.com/amenities/restaurants/black-bear-diner

#ElectricLotLizards

Rest areas too

1 Like

Agreed. The large rest stops that I’m familiar with on the east coast would be excellent opportunities as well. My experience on the west coast, though, is that there aren’t as many dedicated large rest stops. Hence my excitement over the truck stops (a sentence I never imagined I would be writing).

1 Like

The best part is the device that will distinguish e-fuels from existing oil fuels will not be needed for markets outside EU(aka US).

So business as usual for ICE 911 variants in Porsche’s two largest markets USA/China.

Lots of rest areas along the highways in Cali.

Add solar and ev charging… some food trucks… and Bob’s your uncle.

1 Like

Fun fact…GM sold a total of 2 Hummer EVs in Q1.

Fun Fact #2, Toyota Sold 17 Prius Primes in Q1, very odd.

1 Like

I’ve tried those BTC Power chargers at the safety rest areas and while slow the price is right however they are finicky as all get out.

Have you seen the movie Red Notice? I love the Taycan scene :smiley:

Apparently its because of planned but extended production halt for preparation of Silverado EV production.

Can’t imagine how many they will sell of the new model. That thing is is a home run.

Prii are really designed to be inspiring but the price difference between this and the Model 3 is ever so smaller. That with a lack of battery capacity on Toyota’s end and dealer ADMs on this hopefully they have a solution.

1 Like

Cheapest 2023 Prius starts at $27k and goes almost 650 miles on a tank of gas. They also look fantastic for once. A $42k Tesla with 270 mile range doesn’t compare, different type of vehicle. Toyota is going to sell these like hotcakes.

1 Like

Why were old Prii so ugly to begin with?

It’s weird because Toyota usually has pretty good styling, they must have outsourced the Prius design to a bad toy company.

I’m surprised that since Toyota is still pushing hybrid… they haven’t made:

Sienna Prime
Highlander Prime
Tacoma Prime
Camry Prime