Etiquette on asking about other trims in Marketplace and Deals

What is the etiquette around lease offerings on the Deals and Marketplace sections of leasehackr with respect to inquiring about trims not mentioned in the deal?

For example, is it a faux pas to ask if there’s the next trim up available? Obviously the lease offer will change for that specific trim, but is it generally acceptable to ask if there are other trims available?

Thanks!

Yes - it is acceptable. It’s better to make contact with the broker or dealer through their preferred contact method as to not have 30 back and forth messages on a thread that they pay for.

FYI - the higher the trim, the lower the rv, which as you can imagine increases the cost.

2 Likes

Yep, makes sense! Thanks Apex!

I know you are referring to the final dollar amount of the RV spread to the larger purchase price for the optioned-out higher trim, but not always the RV percentage number correct?

I think many people get those two confused when looking at the lease-end RV in dollars vs. the RV %.

Typically (but not always), higher trims have lower rv percentages, so you pay a larger amount of depreciation as a percentage of msrp (which is amplified by the higher msrp).

Yep, but as you said not always. For example the RV on a 4Runner TRD Pro was the highest of any trims and the Limited was not far behind.

My comment was more directed at people seeing in those situations the higher RV percentage and not realizing that with a higher spread of MSRP vs. lower trims you are likely paying more in depreciation anyway despite the higher RV percentage.