EQS, etron , EV insurance?

With so many of us hopping on that etron gt and EQS deals- what are y’all getting for Insurance premiums? I’m getting $ 4100 per year Specifically on the EQS580 - The ballpark is the same with the rest of electric cars . And that’s with perfect record, safe drive low mileage etc With Mercury.

1 Like

100 a month for my eqs suv, 150 a month for my eqe amg sedan. My x7 gas suv is only 50 a month though.

I’m around $1610 six months mercury, multiple cars plus home and low mileage, they are using 12k miles per year which is bs I told them I only needed 3k…also for EQS 580 sedan

Which insurer is this? And big question- is it in cali?

If that’s in Cali, what’s your insurance company & agent?? I’ve been getting quotes between $200-$500/mo for an EQE 500 here.

Yes cali, progressive insurance. 2500 deductibles though, and I’m above 35.

Wow, that’s kind of out there, usually sedan is much cheaper to insure than SUV.

Really? From my quotes suv is a lot cheaper. I assume it’s because it’s family car so they assume you drive more chill vs sedan.

IME - Sedan < Minivan < SUV

I’m paying $220/month in Los Angeles for a 2023 EQS450 SUV and 2022 Q5 with Progressive. 100/300k with $1000 deductible. They quoted $460/month to add the EQS to my existing policy, but I was quoted more than half off to sign up as a new policy with them.

Eqe 350 suv , OC,Ca , 2500 deductible, clean record, $110/mo Geico

1 Like

I got quotes on the eqs at 2200-5000 for 6 months.

Ioniq 5 I got quotes from 1500-3000 for 6 months.

1000 deductible 250/500/500

I can’t get ahold of the ones that are cheapest in my past. 21st must call from 9 to 4. When I call it says no agent and hangs up. Amica is the same.

I have state farm currently and if I move off of them in wary that they might cancel my home and they were half the price of others and I’m close to a fire zone.

$67/mo in OC, $1k deductible w/the lizard, but expecting a gut punch on renewal here soon. Progressive, Nationwide, etc all want 5-10x more. These insurance algorithms are trash

1 Like

Used to be driven by credit and accidents.
Now there’s all this AI bullshit that will give you a higher quote if you car has Android or Apple car since it assumes you will be toying with screen more.
It black list certain zip codes or areas for mundane reasons.
In FL if you have ever been in any accident in which you had to go to hospital or a doctor( even if you were not at fault or the driver), then your premium is 1.5x to 1.75x higher since AI says your are 80% more likely to request PIP and therefore more costly. Like WTF?

In Florida for a GLE 350 22 AMG is 450/mo no accidents at fault but I was involved in an accident which I wasn’t driving… I was parked and hit by a truck lol. In a legal parking spot…
When living in northeast I had a cheap insurance, then when I transfer that to FL they said it will “just” go up from $185 to $560 LOL
I under up switching companies after searching for weeks and cheapest I found was $450 and had to double my deductible from 500 to 1k

I’m paying $2800 for 7 cars in NC per 6 months. Thank god I switched lol

GLE63
Etron GT RS
Eqs450
Eqs AMG
Wrangler
Wagoneer
540 (liability only)

1 Like

Damn, how many drivers listed on the policy? :sweat_smile:

Just me and wife

Hail djrabbi, You can easily have one car for each day of the week.

1 Like

Jokes on me… GLE63 in shop for 6 months, wagoneer lives at the shop back and forth… EQS450 is for my dad…

2 Likes