EQB, Volvo C40 or Ioniq 5. How to Get a (Good) Quote Online

Trying to get a lease, I find that most (if not all) of the dealers are reluctant of giving out quote online, or the quotes are ridiculously high. Instead they try to convince me to come to the store. This is very different from what I experienced in the past, as I haven’t been in the market for 2+ years. Any advice on how to get a good quote online, or at least a quote that can motivate me to consider, nowadays. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Why not make an offer to the dealer instead?

5 Likes

We have brokers here that make life easy.
For California
@Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto
@Omegaautogroup comes to mind, but you didn’t put what car you want.

2 Likes

No reason to ask the dealer how much they want you to pay.

1 Like

They always want you to come in. Not all cars are hackable. Toyota, Honda, and Subaru are still selling for msrp so don’t expect any deals there. For other brands, it’s just a matter of finding a salesperson that needs to meet quota. It requires work. If you don’t want to do the work, like someone mentioned here, hire a broker.

5 Likes

Have you identified some specific makes and models that are worth leasing due to favorable combination of RV, MF and lease cash?

3 Likes

Good point and totally agree! In the past, I asked for quotes around, getting basic idea and sending my offer back. At that time, at least there were a few number of ok quotes that I can refer to before making an offer, but nowadays, I don’t even get anything for step 1. I try to refer to LHers’ post for quotes instead. Although most of the good deals may not be replicable, when I make some offers to dealers, they do ask me to come to the store to discuss further. If I don’t reply they don’t follow-up. So I feel that they don’t really care as this is a sellers’ market now?

1 Like

Mostly yes. The main concern is how many $$ or % off MSRP to get to a number. The thing is, most of the time, the numbers (monthly payment with specific DAT) between I get from LH calculator and what’s in their quote are quite different. When I ask for the breakdown, they are not willing to give out.

1 Like

I would suggest brokers here, dependent on the car you looking for MSRP may be the best deal.
I usually just make sure to be very upfront with the internet/sales. For reference, several dealers do not give pricing over phone/email in socal (Spreen Honda, and Claremont of Toyota for example).

3 Likes

Around here, there has been a lot of consolidation, with Autonation and Premier buying up a lot of local dealerships. That makes it more difficult to find deals. Then like you said, a lot of dealerships still want you to believe that it’s a sellers market. The exception are EVs because Elon turned the EV price upside down with his price cuts, and legacy manufacturers are scrambling to compete

2 Likes

Probably.

What car are you looking at?

1 Like

That’s going to depend. Which make and model are we talking about here?

2 Likes

I am looking for an electric SUV, mostly trying to get one of MB EQB250+, Volvo C40 and Hyundai Ioniq 5. The best quote for MB is 3k DAT + 642/m, and for Hyundai is 2k+600/m. Haven’t worked on C40 much yet. I agree that brokers here did have better price as I can see. Is the color random if not specified for broker’s deal?

I don’t recall seeing particularly good EQB deals (but don’t keep track), so I imagine you can get a better deal on the C40 or Ioniq 5.

As for color, I have no idea. Just ask the broker if they can find a color you like or if it’s random.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your inputs! Yeah other than random EQE and EQS deals, there is not much EQB deals. Unfortunately EQE and EQS are kind of over the budget. I would have pulled trigger for the C40 if I had costco membership. Ioniq 5 is a little crazy recently, the 2k+600/m is not much less than EQB’s 3k+642/m, considering its MSRP is almost 8k lower. Just keep looking :slight_smile:

Ioniq 5s lease for less unless you are only shopping Limiteds.

1 Like

You are just not going to get a good quote by asking for one. It doesn’t matter whether it’s online, in person or on the phone. Asking for quotes is what the plebs do, TBH, and by doing that you’ll be treated like one.

Learn to make offers after establishing that you’re corresponding with a real human being. Or use the #marketplace

2 Likes

For the C40 I would start with Omega Auto Group since you’re in SoCal. Their published lease deals on C40s are likely as good as we can get here in California.

I would have used them but I’m in NorCal and Volvo seems to require local signing and delivery.

It was too hard to arrange a SoCal trip to take delivery so instead I used Omega’s published deals as my target and contacted NorCal dealers until I found one that would match.

2 Likes

I totally agree. They are trying to play the game. I was able to get things done with a dealer I have used before. I avoided most of the grind. They know I wasnt going to be wasting time there. Another dealer did give me a price over the phone. They always try to get you in there and they get tempermental if you say dont sign the deal right that moment. But when he followed up and I said I had better he tried to challenge that. He then tells me its a great price and I should take it. Then he tells me if he sees the deal in wiritng he might beat it. I said it was up to him to give me the best offer her could. A deal he said could not be beat was met with a comment on how he might be able to beat it by 30.00 a month. That nonsese I dont trust. If that other dealer came at me with his best offer on a car sitting in the lot thats a 23 when they have 24s already in, then fine. But I am not going to go further in that situation. It would be a 45-60 min drive for me to see him. I actually ended up with a lower price than what I told him. Even if I had things in writing to show him, I dont like that kind of business. I had the deal and the price however from the dealer. I didnt want to send him anything because you never know with these dealers. They scould be working together. My business partner was abel to get quotes in writing and he was dealing with some out of state dealers and or those a distance from him. I cross checked every single deal posted in LH, checked brokers who sell nationwide leases, or regional merely to cross check. Looked at olther brands with lesser cars going for more money. The new car market rightg now is definitely more robust than some might think. I ended up with XC60. At least in this area (South FLA) they did not have anything sharp price wise on the C40. I was open to it , if it was favorable to me. Otherwise I was going to avoid EVS. I dont drive much so that also matters. I did price on Hyundai. My advice on that car is some are doing lease, then buying immediately to get the $7500 tax benefit. The SEL model on Ioniq for me was the model I was checking. The higher trim tougher price wise. I got one quote on didnt more forward on it. There is a big Ioniq dealer in NJ. I see you are in CA. I dont think pricewise the Ioniq will be anything special. Just my two cents here. I wasnt ooposed to using a broker. I had in the past. I ended up better than I would have with a broker this time and the past two deals. IIf there is a broker that covers the brands you want in yoru area, that is definitely a plus. At least you have a basic idea on pricing.

1 Like