End of Lease - Should I replace brakes and rotors?

Had 230,000 on my Camry with the original pads n rotors.

Car with regenerative braking will wear the rears out well before the fronts.

We could trade ā€œyou drive like grandmaā€ barbs all day. Doesnā€™t achieve anything.

Tires and brakes are the very definition of YMMV.

IDK why youā€™re so insistent on believing thereā€™s some kind of universally applicable rate at which pads and tires wear out.

2 Likes

Your mileage has to be V HIGH if youā€™re having to get two new sets of brakes within a standard lease period. That or your popping up and down the Mt Washington auto road a few times a year, or towing loads etcā€¦.

If not chances are an unscrupulous garage/ dealer has ripped them off, unless they drive like Lewis Hamilton, or have done well above standard lease mileage, in which case there mileage has indeed varied!

Given theyā€™ve not let us know they tow or climb mountains, Iā€™d assume a more usual usage

I used to think the same until I got a couple vehicles where everything wore out prematurely. I once had a company ford f-150 that needed nothing, brakes or tires before I turned it in at 100k. The tires looked like they could go another 50k.

Then our QX60 wore the OE bridgestones out at 13k, rotated them every 5k and then bought goodyears with a freaking 800 wear rating that didnā€™t last 20k. Bought used tires for lease turn inā€¦ Yes, alignment was ok and car was checked after I complained. Brakes on that vehicle wore out too and my wife drove it and sheā€™s drives much more conservatively than I do.

Point is, everyone has a story as @max_g says, this has no bearing to what the OP was asking. OP, in my experience, donā€™t replace unless you can see the rotors grooved because you wore out the pads completely. Whether they sell or it goes to auction, whomever is reselling will do this anyway.

3 Likes

Better Call Saul Reaction GIF

2 Likes

How do you check this?

I havenā€™t been on Waze in years nowā€¦but they used to have a scoreboard/leaderboard with mileage being the standout.

Loaded question. Since you are on FB, I already know discussing tracking with you would be a waste of timeā€¦no offense.

Permissions disabled, only use for marketplace.

It doesnā€™t need permissions, nor even the FB app on your phone to track you. Itā€™s doing it through other apps. But this is way off topicā€¦so I conclude it there.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.