End of Lease Purchase Audi Q7

You can buy BMW leases without dealing with a dealer. All other brands should follow them.

2 Likes

Anywhere or just particular states??

My contract actually says VW credit leasing Ltd and VW credit Inc.

Then it must be a FL thing if VW Finances is your lease company.

I mentioned above I have no issues in buying from VW Credit . They even forget to charge me the state Tax and send the Title. They suppose to fill form SR 99 for Tax which they forget.

From the article:

“Schreiber and the proposed Class are represented by Peter Prieto, John Gravante, Matthew P. Weinshall and Alissa Del Riego of Podhurst Orseck PA and Daniel Alberstone, Roland Tellis, and Jonas P. Mann of Baron & Budd PC.”

OP, If you have some time in your hands you could forward this on to the lawyers at Podhurst Orseck, which is a Miami law firm. They could probably quickly know whether this is worth a look. Not much in it for you other than sticking it to a sleezy Audi operation. Lawyers generally are the only ones that come out ahead in class actions. But this seems like a real questionable business practice at a time when they know people have equity at lease end and there is an inventory shortage.

Seems to me that state mandated charges are likely fine. Audi can’t know what state you will be trying to buy lease out in although there are issues with this logic as well

Regardless, a document fee/dealer fee is not a state mandated charge. They shouldn’t be allowed to add that to buy out price. The buy out price has to be the quoted price + state mandated fees and should be same at every dealership.

5 Likes

OP.
Go online to your Account and see if you can get a Payoff letter. Read everything it says about paying off like fine print. Then talk to your Finance Credit Union what they need. I don’t understand what Florida or Dealer has to do with this transaction.

I did that with VW Credit with no issues.
All sitting at my home. Make sure when they provide a payoff it includes State Tax otherwise you might have issues later in paying Tax to Florida Revenue.

1 Like

VW will not provide a payoff letter in this case. In FL, the buy out is required to go through a dealer.

3 Likes

So that’s a FL thing then . In IL we have no issue.
Why FL doing this is unimaginable.
I used to live in Tampa in 90s and always think they take care of there Residents but screw the Tourist. May be things are changed

There are multiple states that do it. Probably some dealer lobbyists got in someone’s pocket at some point.

4 Likes

In politics when you bet on the right horse things can go well for you. And boy have the Florida automobile dealers association bet on the right horse.

Edit: To be clear despite whatever Florida has done the fault lies with Audi. OPs lease contract is with Audi/VW financial and not any Florida Audi dealer. Audi should not write leases with a fixed buyout if they can’t force their dealerships to allow customers to buyout the lease at the stated price.

3 Likes

I guess I’ll have to deal with sleazy Mike in finance. Called three other dealers and buy out got worse. The way I see it my payment will go down by buying the vehicle at $75 a month and with these low rates principal pay down will be $650 a month.

In two months of payments sleazy Mike money will go away! If this suv doesn’t depreciate more than 7K (18-20%) in the first year then I’ll be fine.

3 Likes

Or option# 2,

Why pay more to own a vehicle, risk depreciation, risk repairs & all that?

Maybe a new lease will be more expensive then usual but how much more would it be over 3 years? Compare that cost v the additional cost & depreciation you’d have with purchase.

2 Likes

What is your monthly payment after buyout and is that include Tax also. What is FL Tax ? What Interest rate you getting for 60 month and the MSRP of Q7.

Once you buy it keep checking Carvana and Vroom if they give you a better offer then the buyout.

Looks like you don’t have much choice but to Bite the Bullet. There is a saying Dealer always Win. I hope someone initiate a Class Action Law Suite against VW Credit for these unfair practices.

1 Like

Do we know if this is just an Audi Financial or does it affect VW Credit (the subsidiary for VW leases, not the parent company) as well?

1 Like

This doesn’t surprise me. Audi financial just keeps getting worse and worse toward their customers. No offense to you as you are a good dealer, but AFS has policies that are absolutely terrible toward customers and that along with my own personal experience is the main reason I stopped buying new Audis after being one of their most loyal customers.

My monthly now is $814 with tax. The total out the door price is $41,162 with tax and fees included. With no money down I got approved at 2.45% for 60 months and the payment is $730 a month. $646 principal and $84 interest on the first payment.

A new one will be in the $800’s for sure and that’s if they can find one.

1 Like

Start looking for 1 & see what you can get it for.

Don’t forget the depreciation on it once the market dies down. Which will have to be absorbed by you “in cash” if you decide to sell it or “roll in negative equity” on your next lease which will just make your next lease more expensive.

@Pipo6007 What’s your current monthly payment and can you extend the lease? Or have you considered that option?

I considered the lease extension as well and it would be the second or third option close to just leasing a new one.

The new leases are just spiraling out of control and don’t think it will be better until next year or two. Supply is being cut all across the board and leases are expiring so people have no choice but to keep getting new cars or buying their lease.

If you have 100 people that leased their car three years ago and 100 leases are up but production is cut by 30,40,50% then you have a problem.

That’s the way I see the current car supply vs demand dilemma.

They have a total of 6 Q7’s in stock. All whites and 1 black. None of them are loaded so I’d get a lesser MSRP for same or more payment.

That coincides with what’s going on with the market. Unfortunately bank residuals and money factors are not being adjusted to current demand and cheap borrowing. They are still using formulas from last year to three years ago.

Someone said it before the dealers always win.