End of lease on Infiniti QX50: dealer throwing incentives to swap into new lease

Long time lurker, but first time poster so please don’t throw me out yet.

My current Infiniti QX50 lease is up in July. A sales person from my dealership reached out to me with an offer to swap me out early, which would save me the wonderful RTA tax here when I have to renew my tabs in April, $500 worth of damage coverage, and mileage forgiveness (not an issue).

I heard them out so far, but it seems like this is hampering any kind of real deal on the next car. For the record, I got a solid deal on the QX50 when I picked it up, so they should know I am no push-over.

My question is: in order to get a good enough deal worth posting here for bragging rights, should I disengage and start negotiating in, say, late June? Does Infiniti subsidize the early lease swap, or is the dealership eating it?

Also, I see a lot on here in California and NY/Tri-State area, but very little for other states. Does Leasehackr have a real presence in my home state of Washington?

Some of the brokers here may work on your behalf but no one is based up here. A few of us live up here but can attest to the fact that hacking is a real slog.

Unless there is a pull ahead they’re just wrapping the remaining payments into the lease.

I’ve heard Infiniti of Lynnwood is the most competitive in the area if you’re going to make a move now.

Thanks for the reply, and I’m glad someone else on here is from the area.

Lynnwood does seem to be the place to shop for vehicles, but I thought Infiniti of Lynnwood had the same owner as the Bellevue and Fife locations. I guess it all comes down to the local sales manager.

I seem to recall getting a letter from Infiniti (Corp, not local) that mentioned the promo of getting into a new car early, but I can’t find it now. If it is the dealership rolling the cost into the new car, that explains a lot about the lack of deal.

I’ll get it in print and find out.

Yep. Post a deal sheet here and we can take a look. Much easier that way.

1 Like

Infiniti has a pull head program that takes care of 2 remaining payments. The rest can be rolled in or eaten depending on what the dealer wants to do.

They also have a $500 credit towards lease wear and tear and overage on miles.

1 Like

I’ve found WA state Infiniti dealers to not be very motivated in my brief experience with them. At least not to make any hackr worthy deals. Best offer I got on a QX50 was at around 12% off MSRP before incentives/VPP back in December and that was at Bellevue.

Thanks for clarifying.

Should I check out Oregon or Eastern WA? Having a car delivered scares me, and driving too far chews up miles on a lease.

The eastern Wa Infiniti Closed down last year. If you do travel to OR you will be using Wa Incentives

Could you explain to me what the difference between VPP and just telling the dealership “I work at X place Infiniti gives discounts to” is? I’ve been poking around and it seems like the deals only really go to VPP people.

Any new deals?