End of lease dance with the chip shortage - what would you do?

Hey folks, my Volvo lease is up in 2 months so it’s time to start getting serious about next steps. Would love some advice.

Obviously the market isn’t great at the moment and inventory is tight. VCFS has a reputation of not extending leases, which would be the obvious play. I see a couple of options:

1. Close a new lease knowing that deals are far from max and I’d probably leave a couple grand on the table vs. a “normal” market

2. Resign myself to “no deals” and custom order OSD. They just raised pricing and I’d have to buy, but I’d get exact spec. Not sure how comfortable I am with post-warranty Volvo ownership yet… but hey, free vacation.

3. Buy the car out (I have a few thousand equity at the moment thanks to the crazy market) as a bridge to the MY23 redesign, ride out the market disruptions, and re-evaluate then.

We’d consider a Tahoe, but given how much Chevy is de-contenting their cars right now with the chip shortage, I don’t really see that playing out well.

What would you do?

10characters.

When you have less than 30 days left go online and extend your Volvo lease.

1 Like

I would do an OSD - finance only (no leasing).

Since the “Tourist” price is fixed, at least you don’t have to worry about being gouged.

Get a free pair of R/T tix to Gotenberg, free night at hotel, and tour with lunch at the factory.
Drive your new car around and drop her off at one of many European ports and fly home.

Then when it arrives to your dealer, you get a second delivery experience.

That’s what I am considering doing with an XC60…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.