Electric Car Lease?

I am returning my 2015 Fiat 500e next month and I am wondering what options I have now. I drive less than 20 miles each day so EV is prefect for me. I have been looking into the Ford Focus Electric but couldn’t get close to the numbers from last year. I live in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: $100-$200/month would be ideal.

Only correct answer is Tesla Model X, right @ng0?

5 Likes

Model x?! Psh. It’s a great option if you’ve got 150k to blow but definitely not if you’re looking for an affordable lease. I’d say if I was looking at a non luxury car lease I’d consider the bolt. The leaf has less range but for your purposes it sounds like more than enough. The new leaf is still not the greatest looking car but it’s a lot better than it was.

OP didn’t say he’s looking for an affordable lease. The only correct answer is Model X!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Should be able to perform ludicrous launchs at every stop sign/light the entire 20 mile commute.

2 Likes

If you could find one, your best bet would probably be the Honda Clarity electric.

I was looking into it too but all the dealerships here are OOS. Will see how much the 2018 ones are.

I am not sure if the doors will open in my tight garage though…

What about the model 3? Oh wait…

1 Like

If you’re open to going hybrid, you’ll have a lot more choice. Volt specifically.

If 500e worked for you, why not again? What are leases looking like these days?

I believe that the Fiat 500e in it’s present configuration is being discontinued after the 2017 model year. Word on the street was that Fiat lost $20k per unit.

Evidently for 2018 the Fiat 500 is being updated but is not quite yet available. Well see if they release an electric version

I feel like driving the same car for 6 cars isn’t fun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would definitely look into the newer version if it has higher range. However seeing the size of the 500e I doubt the range would have any significant improvement (maybe 30%?)

2018 500e is coming.

I’m in the same boat. Lease is ending and not sure what to get next. Bolt leases are horrible right now. I keep seeing people post amazing 2017 BMW i3 lease numbers but I can’t get anywhere close.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the comments. I just got a 2017 Ford Focus Electric today in SoCal:

Selling Price: ~10% OFF MSRP
Taxed Incentives: $13,000 Bonus Cash
Lease Terms: 39 months / 10.5k miles per year
Residual: 26%
Payments: ~$195 per month including tax with $1,728 down.

From those of you interested in getting the same deal in NorCal send me a PM. A dealership is willing to do a similar price (actually a few hundred bucks cheaper in total). I am just too lazy to travel up there and stop for charging midway.

Hey,
at least they are more realistic with their residuals.
I am more interested in finding how you like the car when you get some miles on it please.

Any luck? I’m in the same situation. I can’t seem to figure out how to post my own thread to ask for help. In California as well.

1 Like

I’m really trying to get my hands on a California Only Kia Soul EV-e. The Presidents Day Feb offers had it at $159/mo with $2k down which is pretty good. I’m not sure what the March offers are yet but I’ll post here again when they appear

Yeah Kia Soul seems like the best bet. Current EV lease deals are listed here: http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2016/07/current-lease-offers-for-selected-evs.html

The car doesn’t have too much acceleration but the ride was pretty smooth. Comparing to the Fiat 500e, at least the back seats are standard sizes so my family can fit comfortably. However the trunk space is really limited due to the battery. What really impressed me was the Sync 3 system in the car which I haven’t had a chance to dig around. Will post pictures later when I have a chance! :grin:

I see the Kia Soul EV is still available in NorCal for $99/month with $4,000 down: