Early lease termination Mercedes CLA 250

Lmfaooo that’s exactly why I put that username! So I shouldn’t be worried about the full amount being due. It’s more so just wait and see type of thing then.

1 Like

UPDATE: So they sent the car to Auction instead of buying it :unamused:. reason I made that face is because I paid like 6k as the difference of the lease as they said they were buying it . Hopefully the auction appraises it for higher than the lease balance.

That’s not how this should work. They buy the car from you for $32,500. You write them a check for $6500. They pay off MBFS. Case closed. If they sell the car or take it to auction, doesn’t matter.

FYI when I terminated one MBFS lease early it didn’t show as paid off in my account for weeks. With the second one I did, with a different dealer, it was paid off two days later.

Steering wheel peeling, if a mfg defect, could, would, or maybe should be under warranty.

Feel free to post redacted documents so we can better help with what’s going on.

1 Like

Here’s the documents of the transaction. I know a I’m someone in the thread said give it time but I was under the assumption they were paying off the whole lease balance. My difference should have added to cover the rest. I got my vehicle appraised before them in the 40k range with the options and warranties on it.

Well it doesn’t seem like anything is off with the paperwork other than the fact that you were paying about $1000/mo on 48/10k for a CLA250. That is absolutely brutal and paying almost $7k to get out of it is pouring salt in the wound. Your effective payment was $1855/mo not including any drive offs you paid.

Let this be a lesson… come to LH before you sign your next deal.

Yeah man embarrassed and just young and dumb. My first lease might I add but I definitely will come here first before leasing again cause this is just laughable dumb on my side

1 Like

Just curious. Why You did not try to sell this car to any online or physical dealers?

Honestly thought of this but also had to return it since I was moving in a few days

Hmm …not sure how far You are from Carmax but over there You just schedule the visit, show up and drop off the car.

Alittle too late . All this happened on the 2nd this month

1 Like

Everyone makes mistakes. You live and learn

3 Likes

That’s all I needed to know bro. That’s why I signed up here cause a lot of you are knowledgeable when it comes to leases . This was my first lease and me being my excited and such got me screwed by not properly reading everything since I’m so use to just financing instead of leasing . I’m just nervous about how long it will take at the auction to pay the balance. And if the dealership will credit back my Amex the amount I paid to them as the difference for turning in the lease. Been checking carfax and with the option it has and very low mileage (7700) I’m hoping it can get sold for like 40k-42k which ends the balance I owe of 39k. Just got my early lease termination notice of disposition motor vehicle in the mail from MBFS saying it will be disposed of by private sale on or after 08/20/23. So hopefully after that date I’ll get some reassurance but like a few users on here said if I’m leasing another vehicle I will definitely come here to ask y’all cause as noted before this is my first time leasing a vehicle . Trust my mom heavy on my ass once I talked to her about this because you know how moms are lol . So I’m just thinking okay let’s see after 08/20/23 who buys it for a good price . Literally no issues with the car besides small peeling of the steering wheel. Well taken care of and all.

Do you have some written agreement with the dealer that if they get more for your car from the auction then they will refund you? That’s not normally the way things work but I am unclear about what the relevance of the auction result is.

All I have is what is shown. Got off the phone with the dealership not too long ago. They said the car sold at the auction so they gotta wait 5 days for the amount. So more of the waiting game honestly. The used car manager said they wanted to buy it but MBFS said to auction it. So hopefully it sold for the amount of my lease balance so they can credit back my payment. More to follow. I’ll feel more relieved once I call them next Friday and they give me the details and how to move on from this …

Well since they already charged you $6892, I’m skeptical about you getting any of that back but… maybe?

At this point honestly man idc I just want the end of term balance settled . Idc for that money back like if it comes cool and if not cool.

Update: sent a complaint to BBB . MBFS contacted me and I talked to their customer relations department. Nice lady who heard my story and was pissed about my situation and how it played out. she called MB of Oxnard right away and had them re-ground the vehicle since they reversed the grounding erroneously. Vehicle is at auction now. Assuming it sold since the balance is off my credit report today and shows the account is closed. the 6892 I paid to MB of Oxnard was refunded back to my bank account. MBFS told the dealership it was wrong to reverse the grounding without my knowledge. MBFS told them that the moment they chose to not buying the vehicle to settle the lease they should have notified me ASAP and refunded my payment. I shouldn’t have paid anything since I was just returning the vehicle to do an early termination. As yall on here said before , if I lease again I’ll ask yall first. This was a lesson learned !

1 Like

Glad it worked out for you but I am confused. How are you able to do an early termination and not incur any fees? At the very minimum, you’re responsible for 45 out of the 48 payments.

Most likely it will follow the early termination process with no direct involvement from the dealer: MBFS will send an invoice asking for the lesser amount between

A. Negative equity balance after auction

B. Remainder of what’s owed under the contract

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.