E450 Wagon Newbie Lease Help Please!

Hi team, looking for advice on an E Wagon. It seems that not even the 2019s have huge discounts. I am trading in my car (Hence the large driveaway). Here are the deals for 36 month and 48 month. I am leaning towards 48 month because of the large downpayment made by the car (and higher score). Only thing I can think of is converting down payment to MSDs and going 36 month instead. Dealer recommended against it. Thoughts?

36 Month: https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Mercedes-Benz&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=78345&sales_price=66845&months=48&mf=.00093&dp=3266&dealer_fee=4700&acq_fee=0&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=45&reg_fee=630&sales_tax=7&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

48 Month: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Mercedes-Benz&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=78345&sales_price=66845&months=48&mf=.00093&dp=3266&dealer_fee=4700&acq_fee=0&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=45&reg_fee=630&sales_tax=7&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Your 36mo link is wrong, but it probably doesn’t matter because the info in it is probably wrong too.

These look like terrible deals. Why is there no acq fee and why is the dealer fee so high?

Do MSDs/cash out the trade in rather than putting a bunch down.

Dealers tend to steer people away from MSDs vs large down payments because the large down payment makes the monthly look lower, so uninformed customers feel better about it. Do the math yourself and don’t be an uninformed customer.

1 Like

Sorry, the dealer costs are high because they include prepaid maintenance and Tire and Rim protection. This isn’t updated, but here is a version that does not have the loyalty bonus and does not have increased costs at 48 month. I may have made some mistakes on calculator as I am still figuring it out.

So you’d be paying $799/mo after trading in a vehicle with $9886 equity? :exploding_head: With how the deal looks so far, I wouldn’t be surprised if that vehicle is worth more than the $9886 they are giving you.

1 Like

Do u want to buy the dealer a boat? Because that’s how you buy the dealer a boat…

2 Likes
  1. Remove the trade in from your deal. Check KBB for dealer trade in and private party prices and figure out what you wanna do. If are going to trade it in, definitely make that a seperate transaction. Make the dealer cut you a check for it and not be part of the lease.
  2. Overall discount seems ok, 9% aint too bad but I’ll tell you in a sec why its misleading. You definitely wanna target 11-13% on a new car.
  3. Check Edmunds for base MF and residual value. Make sure you are getting these matched from the dealer. Mercedes dealers I’ve seen can mark up almost 100 basis points on the MF. Key thing to note that every 20basis points increase in MF results in about 1% discount elimination.
  4. Make sure you get the full rebate.
  5. Plug numbers in calculator. Select Mercedes. Apply the discount. Confirm the MF and RV. Plug in the incentives and tax rate.