Dumb (general) question about leasing?

I’ll begin by saying that I am not entirely new to the world of leasing. I am on my second leased Infiniti, which I think I scored good deals on both of them. My Q50S lease will expire in 5-6 months…I’ve been looking around to see what is possible for deals. (Depending on how good the deal is/timing, it could be more logical to roll the remaining payments into the new lease vs. waiting, and paying more for the same vehicle. There is no question that the Q50 is a great lease vehicle, but I don’t think I want the same car for a second time.

My question is - what is the best way to shop for vehicles that would offer aggressive leases? Example - I have car A, SUV B, and truck C that I have interest in…how would I know it is a good time to approach the dealers? I’ve found that it is often difficult to lease shop online using MSRP vs. sale prices because many of the deep discounts are for purchase only.

Maybe I’m not understanding…are you saying you don’t want to shop for a car and an SUV and a truck at the same dealer because you won’t get the best deal? Maybe list what your A, B and C are. Might help get more responses. As far as purchase vs lease and which has more discounts I think that’s a generalization. Specifics in what you’re looking at will help either way.

I believe @zaimer is asking what the best time [of the year] is to lease. I found the following thread very informative, and it helped me get into my new lease by not waiting:

I found dealers to be very aggressive and willing to deal during this holiday season which was great for me as my lease was ending in February. They were ready to go the extra mile. However, I keep seeing 1/2/19 as an end date on every automotive commercial I have seen.

1 Like

I’m saying, for example, I’m looking for an M3, an Escalade, and an F-Type (just examples) - is there any way to know when my vehicles of interest are “hot” for leasing? Other than bothering the dealerships every single month?

Purchase vs lease was not a generalization…I would say at least 90-95% of the vehicles that are advertised (that I have inquired on) as heavily discounted are for purchase only.

I am across the board as far as interests, it really comes down to what I could get the vehicle for.

It has seemed that the luxury dealers deal during the end/beginning of the year the most, at least from my experience. Both of my Infiniti’s have been picked up in the spring. I think my current lease ends in June, but I’d hate to pass up an excellent dealer for a mediocre one (in hopes of saving a few remaining payments.

Join edmunds and add the leasing discussions of the cars of interest to your favorites. Ask near the beginning of each month what the RV and incentives are for your state. And frequent this forum as well to keep an eye on deals others are getting. No reason to even talk to a dealer until you know all the numbers.