Don't want to come in to "talk about it"

Yes, but you knew what vehicle to target (based on favorable combo of RV, MF and rebates) and then what payment to target.

OP has done none of those elementary steps yet. They need to start there.

I’ve always had good luck by providing my phone number. They might be more willing to share price numbers over phone vs email so you dont cross shop with that proof.

Good point, if you don’t know your numbers inside out they’re going to have fun with you. Also, why bother even calling a dealership if they don’t have the car you want in stock

1 Like

Absolutely. Sometimes it’s not just knowing which make and model, you have to know which trim and which drivetrain.

The phone number works once your close numbers wise to seal the deal or work out minute details (maybe they multiple copies of the same build etc). IME the dealerships who wanted me “to come in” will play the wheel of stupid prizes on the phone, and basically foreshadow the shit show their “in the chair” experience will be.

A dealer who wants to work in earnest will be straight forward on any form of communication. A dealer who doesnt will do the same.

Now all bets are off if saying your uber aggressive pursuing a unicorn of course.

I assume you need to make sure you wear that lucky shirt and hope the stars align and etc etc etc