Don't adjust your tesla seats too often

2 Likes

Looking for RV and MF for model 3 for Feb 2022. Term is 36 mo/10,000 driver seat adjustments. Thanks!

5 Likes

Bad news for Turo renters.

1 Like

new valet mode+: can’t open/close windows and move seats.

But why? 101010

The only justification I can come up with is the parts they’re using have a lower lifespan and they’re trying to limit cycles

2 Likes

So they overcharge for the same car they’ve been making for the past 10 years and use lower quality parts to cut costs further.

As if their quality wasn’t already called into question. One of the worst rated makes for quality.

3 Likes

This doesn’t make any sense. If they really wanted to reduce seat motor use, they would kill “ease of entry” or whatever it’s called which moves the seat back each time the driver exits and moves it forward upon entry.

I suppose it could be a thermal management issue and the seat motors are overheating if they’re used too many times in a short period.

Ya I would turn that off.
Unnecessary moving to reduce lifespan on an expensive part.

Not a fan of Tesla but the reasoning makes sense. The motors in there are probably not designed to continuously operate for more than a minute due to the use nature of small adjustments and limited changing. It makes sense that someone moving the seat continuously for 90-120 seconds could damage/overheat the motor.

From the article:

UPDATE Jan 31 10:31am PST : With the high amount of interest in this story, green dug a little further to discover the thresholds – 90 seconds of use in 5 minutes will trigger the warning message, while 120 seconds of use in 5 minutes will disable the motor. Given those high thresholds, the vast majority of owners won’t have to worry about having their seat controls disabled.