Does a 24/10 lease on new vehicle ever make sense

For me it’s 61 percent vs 67 percent. I offset the cost w tires and bmw cca payment that I don’t need to renew for rebate. Plus a new car in two years which I’m hoping to be the x3 m if they decide to add some incentives too

Maybe I missed it, but what, if anything, are you paying at signing beyond just first month? That needs to be taken into consideration.

For myself, I’m not interested in leasing beyond 24 mos unless there is a sale/transfer possibility. I don’t like to keep vehicles very long. It is different for my wife. She doesn’t mind having cars that she likes a long time, and she is extremely gentle on wear items (new tires on her van at 60k miles and still no brake pads needed).

Anyway, I think I’d probably want my 24-mo payment to be within 10% of the 36. Tough to justify beyond that.

My due at cost is first month plus mandatory dmv fees. I think it’s about 700 upfront. My main reason is I get so bored w cars. I’m giving up a convertible now so I’m scared the sedan is going to become boring after a year. I want a m but I refuse to pay the high premium right now so hopefully in two years I’ll find something good

I did a 24/10k on my Alfa Romeo 2 years ago. It just turned out that the combination of residual and MF made 24 months a better deal at that time for that car.

I would do 6 month leases if the numbers work out…who wants to drive a 24 month old car for another 12 months when you could have a new one?

I’ve traded cars in early…a couple times I was flat or had equity (weird situations)…I’d do it everytime…especially since it means not having to get new tires, brakes or service.

1 Like