Dodge Truck Historical Residuals vs. Used Purchase?

Hi,

I’m thinking of leasing a Dodge RAM (coming from a Nissan Leaf… F150 Lightning is awfully expensive with no Ford support right now!). I’m thinking a mid to high trim.

My uncle perpetually buys and flips RAMs over the last decade and claims it’s usually $12k of depreciation every 3 years on his flips. I think that sounds awfully optimistic.

Can anyone who has leased Rams weigh in on what the value of their RAM turned out to be relative to the buyout price at lease end? How good of a deal was the lease? I always felt like CDJR & Nissan do good leasing deals to move product.

What are three year old equivalents with 30,000-45,000 miles selling for on the used market, compared to the RV of a new specimen leased today?

I usually eyeball things like that on Autotrader, but my question is more like how much RV support does or does not Dodge toss historically into their lease deals when things get hairy?

Like is 50% RV, actually a 45% RV truck and Dodge is making up the 5% RV?

Back in 2015, when you leased a Dodge RAM, has anyone ever had positive equity? How far underwater was Dodge Financial on it, etc?

The used market is kind of wonky right now in the last few years, so comparing to current used market I don’t know if that’s really an accurate indicator of normal Dodge RAM leasing.

It looks like ~60% retail off MSRP at 36/months used as of today, and I think Dodge leasing is 50%RV, so there is a 10% markup for the dealer / what you would trade in for.

If this helps you

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.