Dodge Charger ScatPack WB

, ,

Right, but as we said the cars with the deep discounts (2020) are about gone. I believe the 2021’s have $2,000 worth of consumer cash. There is 0% financing but I believe you lose the $2k consumer cash?

Unfortunately Penfed doesn’t residualize the widebody option, so to get into the 400’s you would need to get the price to around $42K. Honestly paying $5000 for an ebay body kit doesn’t make alot of sense anyway.

The power dollar rebates ended with the 2020 models.

The penfed approach qualifies a 2021 for the $2000 rebate.

You can also apply a Chrysler affiliate code to get the best discount.

When you put it like that, I think you are totally right. Though I think the wide body kit adds close to $6k to the cost IIRC.

Thanks for this information, definitely helpful. Where do I receive the Chrysler affiliate code? Is that applied at the time of creating a deal, or is that simply applied at financing?

You can get an affiliate code at the following site: https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/

You will need to qualify as a member, usually via your employer. There are a few well known tricks if your employer is not a partner. For example you can join the access fund: Access Fund - Affiliate Rewards Program

You would provide your dealer your affiliate code when negotiating the deal. The best approach, usually, is to not tell them you have a code and see first what the best discount is without one. Around here the answer is usually “MSRP.” Then tell them you have a code and see what they can do (should be 1% below factory invoice plus a $75.00 administration fee)

For the Access Fund - it states near the bottom that "Viper and all SRT models are ineligible. I’m assuming that applies to the Charger ScatPack.

I’ve dealt with a few codes in the past, so I’m aware of how that game is played with those. I just wasn’t certain if it is one like I’ve had previously, or something that you have to advise when completing the financing. It is also fun to see the surprised faces, and the hour of explaining/convincing of what is.

I used affiliate pin on my Challenger Scat Pack, it was 4.2% off MSRP. I don’t believe the Scat Packs are technically considered SRT models. However it’s entirely at the dealership discretion, many dealer would not do affiliate deals, I had to drive about 2 hours in a neighboring state to find one.

For reference, here is my challenger deal: Signed: 2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack - $43,380 MSRP $2250 DAS $334/mo @ 24mo Balloon

1 Like

:+1: :+1: Great to hear because the Scat Pack is the “lowest” level of Charger that I would consider. I wasn’t entirely sure since they obviously have several SRT features. It is either the 392 or bust. I currently have the 6.2 (Camaro 2SS), so I have no interest in downgrading power.

Another consideration, and perhaps I am looking at this incorrectly right now, is that I have worried about getting to high into the MSRP…since it would yield a higher buyout price (i.e. final balloon payment).

Example: I have one 2020 that I have been inquiring on. MSRP is ~$57K and sale price is high $40’s without trying. That is obviously a great position to start a deal, other than the aspect of the high buyout (residual/final balloon payment).

Also debating if it is worth the effort/wait of doing the Access Fund. Looks like $50 membership and have to wait 30 days to use any discount. Issue 1 will be how many dealers will honor the discount (within those who actually acknowledge) it, then the issue of a preferred car being in inventory! LOL

who you able to get preapproved for PenFed (i.e. I can borrow up to $100k for a car loan), or can you only apply for a specific amount when you’re actually trying to get financing?

You need to apply for a specific vehicle at a specific dealer.

Generally, it would work as follows. Find a vehicle, negotiate a price and get a purchase contract written up. I usually offer a deposit and ask the dealer for 3 days to remit final payment. This can all be done over the phone. Go through the application process at Penfed and choose the option to overnight payment. This takes about 24 hours, but can be expediated. Bring PenFed check to dealer and drive away with vehicle.

The above presumes you have already established your membership. If you have, they have a free credit check tool (soft check). As long as you score about 700 on the tool I suspect you will get approved. They will do a hard check when you submit the application.

PenFed is applicable to every dodge dealer, correct? It would be great to work into a decent deal, put money down, to find out that I can’t do the financing I had planned. Lol

I’m not sure that I follow “PenFed doesn’t residualize the WB option”. The RV is based off of a percentage of the MSRP, as usual…correct? Why would the WB option be treated differently in terms of the MSRP increase.

I’m asking because I do like the looks (and wheels) of the WB, but there is obviously no point in venturing down that path is PenFed is a no-go?

The Penfed RV guide does not have a widebody option for Charger or Challenger. The maximum MSRP they recognize for a Charger Scat Pack is $46,240. The actual MSRP of the vehicle is not used in their calculations. This can work for or against you.

I was just playing around more with their site & application form. Yes, is seems $44,115 is the set msrp for the charger scatpack, which is quite low. I’m not driving something with cloth seats, so my msrps are all above that price. I.e. $48.5 sticker with a $46.5k sale price. Which if I’m looking at this correctly, that should help me out by decreasing the amount of risk (as far as what the car is worth when/if the final balloon payment is due). Higher MSRP, with more options, should hold a higher dollar value at the end of the day…but I would be assuming the risk of the lesser optioned car.

One was an employee deal, the $600 you were on was an employee deal.

The others are state locked, one in Colorado is mid 7s. One in NY for low 7s (gone a month or two ago)

The issue is that for 2021 it’s redeye only motor for chargers, to the best of my knowledge there are 0 2021 chargers hellcats produced. Redeye mf is atrocious through ccap, and even going through ally there’s essentially 2-4k off msrp at 63% residual and .31% mf on a 84-90k vehicle, which results in a payment in the 1000s.

This is a scat pack, just widebody with 305s all around, driving the widebody makes the “narrow body” feel like a joke.

No power dollars for 2021s, the rebate is only 4k for hellcats/redeyes and $2k for scat packs.

The margins are so slim with scat packs and hellcats it’s insane. Quite the opposite, Brampton was shutdown for extended periods earlier in the year and had another shutdown recently, I’m unsure if it’s still shutdown. Inventory will not be going up.

Based on? Please show me all your knowledge of scat pack deals. Mf is high on many brands now, nothing new. I agree terrible time to lease one of these.

+1 to this, though penfeds program cannot calculate options properly so you are stuck with a base car. Still better than no car lol.

Alot of people are in a position to make money off their leases, the problem is you won’t find something you like for a payment you like unless you search really hard.

I’m looking to potentially purchase a new Dodge and have a few quick questions on the Chrysler (FCA) Affiliate Rewards program. So I have signed up for the FCA rewards program and I just generated my control number today (basically the “coupon” you give the dealership to verify the rewards pricing ~1% below invoice). I had done this using the access fund code, as recommended here on LH. According the the Access Fund, you must be a member for 30 days to use these benefits; I just joined the access fund late last week. Will it be an issue if I use the FCA control number and purchase a car, say this week?

Second question, is there any way that I can readily view the invoice pricing when shopping for the specific car? Or at least have a fairly accurate guess as to what it should be?

I’m aware of what has happened in the past and is happening in the present. I was referring to the future. Inventory is going to go up. Not this week…but in the very near future. I assume that you do not have access to FCA’s vehicle and powertrain build plans and forecasting…I do :slight_smile:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :smirk: I wish I had that type of crystal ball. Having said that LOL, in your opinion is it better to get a deal now? Or wait until the 30 days is up (if needed for the Access Fund) and hopefully get a dealer that will honor the pricing?

Things are only going to get worse in the next 30 days. :crystal_ball: My opinion is same as before…do nothing for now. JMO.