Dodge CEO Explains Why You Shouldn't Pay a Markup on Demon 170

“ Dodge has 1,000 confirmed orders with all the necessary documentation, and 62 percent of those orders are at MSRP. ”

“ every confirmed Demon 170 order has to be submitted with a notarized document, signed by the dealer and the customer, indicating whether or not this car was being sold at, below, or above MSRP.”

1 Like

I saw a TikTok where a dealer was offering these at 250k over and his response to everyone was “you have to pay to play”

Crazy.

Strange to me people would pay this bc it’s such a niche car made for drag strip . Obviously could make a similar performance car for substantially cheaper .

Cars made for road tracks can actually be driven on roads somewhat.

Just too much money sloshing around in world

1 Like

Because 'Murica

2 Likes

The only people paying this are hardcore muscle car fans or folks who know this car is valuable

I can’t find a single allocation available now under 100k. The dealer that was doing 50k over for my customers renegged and refunded everyone’s deposits to charge more. Unfortunately nothing was signed yet so they could do it but that’s a super shitty move on the dealers part. Gladly I don’t work with them frequently and won’t in the future.

I have a feeling that 60% numbers is Bs and there’s a lot of dealers lying as msrp deals get built and delivered first. They can say they’re selling at msrp and charge 80k for a hat or other accessory. 96 dodge caravan for 125k

3 Likes

Buy one at MSRP and tell him you will sell it to his dealership for 100k over. Then explain how much profit you’re leaving on the table for him

More like wholesalers and flippers trying to make some profit. Same with almost every other marked up car right now. The pandemic created a complete industry based on doing this. Eventually someone will be left holding the bag…

1 Like

I think a friend of a friend did this with your dealer. He was a long time customer of this PA dealer and they reneged. He managed to get an allocation at 84k over eventually though.

Many of these will eventually end up on BaT and Mecum with dudes in their 70s buying the car instead of an Arizona or Florida condo.

3 Likes

I actually heard of several dealers doing it. Mine was in the Midwest and a pretty large one. I think they took 5 deposits total and refunded them all.

you need to step up your game Jim
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225500172789?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=qcpha5F3R9K&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=WejFx8kyQBy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338768607&toolid=10001&customid=130832X1595626X3602cc4ffe1a8c6cd9f003872b4714a9

Haha you buy first. Lmk how it works out. I’ll pay you 45k on top

Scratch that. He’s charging 5k over for a potential 100k+ over msrp deal. Wow

Hard to not laugh at people paying 300k for a drag strip only challenger

1 Like

You shouldn’t pay markup on a Demon 170 because at the end of the day it is a Dodge Challenger and you can have a nice 992 instead, and at least you can actually drive that.

Realistically the only people buying these will be collectors.

4 Likes

People are so insecure these days they’ll do anything to get a compliment from a random stranger at a gas station

Unrelated, and kind of funny, years of driving cool BMW’s, M3’s, what have you, no one has ever said a word, which is fine, I don’t care, the cars are to make me happy, not other people.

Anyway…

I borrowed a friends Subaru BRZ, got home, went to fill it up, immediately had a compliment from a stranger at a gas station.

Only other car I ever got random stranger compliments on was my Black RAM 1500 Laramie Night Edition.

I got once or twice compliments on the BRZ but I think the Giulia got me the most compliments…felt so strange. But this was 2018, so the car was still very new.

I was about to say the same thing! With all my cars the one I got compliments on was the Giulia.

Got way more compliments on my lt1 Camaro then my i8…

1 Like