Do you share dealer offers with other dealers?

That’s one way to turn the dealer off

Were you responding to my post (genuine question, since I wouldn’t want to turn a dealer off unnecessarily)?

No, simply responding to the OP

1 Like

A written offer is always best. You have some “trust me” people and while I don’t, it is just their way of saying “I will buy at this price”. What I don’t like and never works, is when someone uses the “what’s your best price” line. The best price is what you will pay for the car (as cliche as that sounds). Make an offer to buy now and if it is realistic or in the realm of possible, it will be entertained. The people who make offers usually get a better deal than the best price people from my experience.

3 Likes

If the offer is reasonable, in line whats in the marketplace, or some other data point, dealers dont push back with the need for valid documentation because it suits both parties needs, and theres zero back and fourth. Easy deals are the best deals right?

If the offer is a unicorn/aggressive/something you will not find on marketplace/other buyers, without fail most dealers will heave and ho, and give you a list of reasons as to why not. Then you show them the offer, all that goes away and now its yes we can do it, or some xyz reason your basically shown the door. Both go on their merry way. Its not really an easy deal, because well its unicorn status, and that has its own parameters.

Sidenote, some dealers on here i think have offered to venmo folks openly if they can bring a written offer at one point to beat their prices.

In the proposal doc, it will show the vin number. And most of the time, the doc will have the dealer’s name…

at least, car manufacturer can track to the dealer by the vin number.

If a dealer give you a crazy number, they might be punished by the car maker I guess.

So, I would choose not to share, just give them the number.

Trust me or not, I don’t care.

No, that’s not true. And even if it were, why should the consumer care. The dealer knowingly made the offer.

Dealers get paid to move metal for the manufacturer. In fact they get rewarded the more metal they move.