Do I need to return my lease to the same dealer?

I googled and the answer is “I can return to any dealer with same brand”.

And, my bmw 328i lease is 36000 for 36 months. It will be end this month but the mileage is only 25000.
Because I also wanna get another Bimmer, could this low mile be a leverage?

1 Like

I don’t think it will be a leverage. If you do decide to try selling it to vroom and carvana, I highly doubt it will be worth anything close to what your payoff is (in case you want to see if there is positive equity).

Shop around, many manufacturers are giving conquest cash, and as I heard BMW is giving an additional $2000 loyalty discount.

I recall reading posts here were people were complaining that dealers other than the one they leased from were refusing to accept lease returns. I do not recall if any of the posts were about BMWs.

You can return it to any BMW dealer.

You can return and have your cars serviced at any dealer

Not necessarily leverage, but BMW financial does offer a credit for unused mileage towards the lease of a new BMW. I believe the new lease has to start 2 months before your old one ends or 6 months after in order to qualify for the credit. There’s an entire post about it

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/bmw-unused-mileage-credit/30519?

1 Like

It’s after not sure how long after…

Thanks everyone!

I had to call a few before one took my return. The dealer you bought the car has to take the car but you will need an appointment. Do not wait till the last min.

When I called BMWFS about a lease turn in, they told me the only dealer that must take it back is the one you leased it from. That said, I took it to my local dealer for a pre-inspection, they said no damage and I could bring it in anytime. I said right now is great and called my wife to pick me up.

Other brands might be different, but for BMW the dealer you bought it from is required to take it back on lease return. If you take it to another dealer they do not have to take it, but they might as a courtesy. BMW can also come out and do the inspection at your house which is what I did, so I didn’t have to wonder about that part while shopping for my next lease. There is zero leverage having low miles because BMW is eating it in the shorts right now on lease return values.