Do I have to go through dealer to buyout my Acura?

Hi Hackrs. I want to post my question here so that I know enough before I call Acura Fincial Center.

My Acura MDX lease is ending in 4 months. (I’m in IL if it matters). I will purchase at the end(cash). Now my question is: Do I have to go through dealer at all?

I see a purchase qoute on the websjte. It seems match residual + tax + 4 remaining monthly rent. But it also says “sales tax might not included” so I’m confused? Once if I pay online, does it conclude the purchase?

If anyone had experience purchasing a Acura online would be very helpful. Thanks in advance

I have purchased directly from Honda financial online previously. Just ask them for a breakdown of the purchase quote to verify if tax is included.

Some states make you pay the sales tax at registration (Like in CA).
That’s why they say ‘might not be included’.

If you can pay it online, then you are good and do not need a dealer involvement.

1 Like

no you dont have to go through HFS, but note that it’s extremely likely that you’re buying out an upside down MDX.

1 Like

Thanks. “upside down” meaning it might not be a good deal? Or do you think there were something wrong with the car itself?

That means your car’s actual worth is less than your buyout. Let’s say your buyout is $20k but the car is worth $15k.

1 Like

Thanks. The residual is 26k, and I have about 16k mileage on it now. Based on my research it’s lower/better than the market value.

I made some qoutes online these days(4 months til lease end) and I got $26k~$31k

If I purchase now, the number is $29k (I think tax included).

So it can’t be a bad deal I guess? unless I missed something.

Yes, you can avoid the dealer and go through the finance company - they own the car anyway. What I was go back to the dealer and asked them to take my car and CPO it and sell it back to me … it was in the range of my buyout price and what that model was going for…

This is not a real offer. It’s a trade in appraisal. Did you get any purchase offers?

Thanks. That’s what I thought. Gonna hit the button anytime between now and in 4 months😊