Disposition Fees got me like

Same reasoning as @TheBigTuna. I just leased 2 cars last october back to back and wanted to give my credit file a break.

It is a bogus fee from the get-go. It is not like car is going to recycling. Whoever is profiting from the car next should be on the hook for it, not the first lessee.

Did the dealer fill out the waiver form when you grounded it? If not, that could be part of the problem. My dealer didn’t once…I got billed until they did. Granted, it was the same name on the contract so it made it cleaner, but @adamcar is right…it should be applicable to same household.

2 Likes

I told the salesman 10x to send in that form. He kept saying to send him the final bill. Thing is, I never got the final bill.

GM said they mailed it out to me but I never ended up getting it. I did recently move so maybe it got lost. I had to call GM to find out the balance.

Also GMs credit reporting system is very good. As soon as I had a balance, they reported/updated it the 3 Bureaus so I got alerts from all my apps. Had it not been for my credit report alerts I could’ve possibly missed it and they would’ve screwed me with a late/non payment.

Luckily I called them the day before the bill was due (2/28) and the rep said if you don’t pay it it’ll be reported late which is why I did. Didn’t want to get dinged on my credit.

After returning a leased suv early in december, i owe hmf the last payment and disposition fee, around $800-900.

I called hyundai today and inquired about the last bill since i never received anything in the mail. I dont want to end up having a late payment on my credit report. I dont have any late payment whatsoever on my report and would like it to stay that way. To my surprise, the rep told me that i owe $70 and they are waiving that too. Wth? So hmf waive the disposition fee and last payment? Was my car sold at a higher price than my payoff? It is a 2016 hyundai santa fe ultimate and just put 16k mi on it for 3 years.

So I just got my final bill from gm financial. They charged me a disposition fee and for keys they said were not turned in. Gm financial said I didn’t lease a new vehicle from them or they would have waved the fees. Lease on vehicle turned in says $0 for disposition and they have the grounding receipt, that states 2 keys were turned in with vehicle. I leased a new vehicle through gm financial but not from the same dealer, it shows lease loyalty on the new lease. All gm financial will tell me is if I don’t pay with in 30 days they will sent it to collections and will put it on my credit report and my new lease didn’t count towards this one. I have copies of the lease, grounding receipt and, new lease showing lease loyalty. The only thing that changed was my wife was first and me second on old lease and now it’s vise versa. Any suggestions?

Same exact thing happened to me…

Long story short, they ended up refunding my disposition fee. Make sure you do not let it get into collections. The reps at GM financial are just robots and don’t care. Lady told me the same thing and I wasn’t going to let my credit score take a 70 point dip because of some misunderstanding standing. After making the payment over the phone for the disposition (with an additional $10 fee) I took the advice of fellow hackers and wrote an a very nasty (but professional) email to the CEO of GM stating that this was my 4th GM product in a row etc and I was pretty much treated like some 2nd class citizen (always paid my leases on time btw)

Guess what happened ? About 3 weeks later got a call from a GM rep of of Texas stating that they were in receipt of my email and after looking thru my history, they wanted to apologize and said they would fully refund my money. I think they realized that when I said this would be my last GM product ever it prob wasn’t worth trying to make me pay the disposition fee and lose me. Waiting for the check in the mail, as we speak.

Make sure you speak to lease end customer service and if they don’t accommodate you, pay the fee promptly and then reach out to corporate. They’ll make it right .

4 Likes

So Mary Barra hooked you up, eh? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, she personally called to apologize :rofl: :rofl:. I said “Mary, baby cakes, don’t worry about it, we’re all good here”

Thanks for tip brother, I owe you a beer :beer:

1 Like

Escalate it to the manager at GM. That should have counted.

2 Likes

I’ve leased different Vehicles over the years and always paid a disposition fee being that I always switch to other car make model’s. This last time when I leased a Lexus I was told the disposition fee doesn’t report to creditors when I asked will it report on my credit? they said no, it didn’t so I never paid it! I had collectors harassing me for a min so I paid $50-100. I asked them as well does this report to my credit. They said no. So I ignored the notices and calls. They gave up! Let’s see what happens with my range rover I just returned lolol

Please don’t bring multi-year old threads back from the dead just to talk about not paying your obligations.

1 Like