Discount for new 4 series with 300+ days in stock

One dealer went 6% on a non-demo and 11% on a demo. Another did 12.5% on a new car, so it depends on the dealer. I don’t know how much deeper they’ll go on a non-demo.

Something to keep in mind, the maintenance clock starts ticking when the car becomes a demo. So if it was a demo for 6 months, it means 30 months of maintenance instead of 36. Either take a shorter lease term or factor in a couple oil changes.

Oh interesting…so we lose every month of maintenance that it’s sitting as a demo? that’s not good on a 36 mos lease

Yeah but if you time it just right you can turn it in before the 40K service is due…

In the grand scope of things you should be getting a discount deep enough to make a 24/xx worth considering on loaners if the incentives are good enough.

I’m always under mileage so that’s fine but who knows anything can happen at the end of the 36 mos…So in other words to clarify, if somethings been sitting a year I’m only warranted for 2 years on a 36 mos lease? Not liking that and may have to alter my search

I prefer 36 mos so I don’t have deal with this again in 2 years lol…been getting lousy numbers regardless here in the northeast

No. If it’s new then it gets punched when you sign and take delivery. If it’s a loaner it gets punched when going into service duty.

Question can I stack BMW Group Corporate Sales Program Certificate + Lease Cash + Loyalty?

I’m talking loaner/demo

You cannot use CSP + Loyalty together

My X5 scenario is that I have no Loyalty but CSP and Conquest. $750 Conquest + $1000 BMWCCA > $1150 CSP so I’m not using CSP.

True. Very rarely does CSP make sense unless you don’t qualify for Loyalty or CCA or College Grad.

Was looking for a 4 series convertible for a good friend of mine and found one that had been sitting on the lot for 400+ days. Told him my expectations of working toward a 20% (or close to it) discount and he said he would talk to his manager. The manager called back and said he had a very aggressive offer, but it was only good till the end of the day. It was 4.5% off sticker. :rofl: Told him if he wanted to sell the car a couple months from now when its still sitting there to give me a call back.

Pressed about 6 dealerships until I found one who knocked over 18% off one of them (good spec too) but was an absolute blood bath getting to that number.

Yeah…I hit a solid brick wall trying to find a nice 440 convetible for myself on my most recent search. The numbers just didn’t make sense for me financially with my best offer coming up to about 14% on a 200 day old unit.

I can wait for winter though to get better deal.

1 Like

@Electric, anyone… any pointers to where I can find out how long a unit has been at a dealership?..thx!

1 Like

Read the whole thread…it’s been answered

2 Likes

got it…thx

Time on the lot doesn’t tell the whole tale either…

It could be at a dealer where the SM/GM are too proud to blow the unit out for the sake of moving it and would rather continue to pay floorplan on it in hopes some rube comes in and has to have it. But age does have tendency to be a heavy piece of ammunition…

What’s a solid tactic when bringing age into the negotiations?
Is there some sort of calculation how much their losing per day on floorplan?

I think an aged unit can help with getting a good deal, but the truly great deals seem to have no obvious reason. Probably to hit a quota or reach a sales goal and the dealer is likely not going to tell you that. Combine motivated sale with aged unit and there you go. This is also probably why a lot of deals are one offs that can’t be replicated, even if they have 20 cars on their lot that are over a year old.

Thx all…