Discount for a well equipped 2021 BMW X5 in CA

Please help me on this one. I’m an older woman and I’d like to know how much of a discount I should offer on a 2021 X5 priced at $41, 800. Many thx to all of you for the quality input you give to others.

That’s going to depend on miles, condition, clean carfax and also options to some extent.

Xdrive or s drive
Msport?
40i? 45e?

Hi notaleasepro, it’s a certified 40I in excellent condition 24,500 miles.
I appreciate your answer.

Hi Max, it’s in very good condition and certified. The X5 is a X5 i40. I sincerely appreciate your help. J.

Get the VIN and plug in the info at CarMax, Carvana, Vroom etc and see what they would offer for the car. Or look at Autotrader or Cars.com online and see what people selling them for.

G, thx… Happy New Year!!

Thx…Happy New Year!!

I don’t necessarily tell people to shy away from used German/luxury cars if they are a little car savvy.

Doing some work themselves or finding a knowledgeable Indy who works at way below dealer rates. Knowing how to buy or at least price out parts online etc etc.

If that describes you proceed with the second part below (the first will not tell you much)

Also what amount or percentage over that would you offer? You have to account for a reasonable markup, especially on a CPO.

@Cargirl if searching on Cargurus you can select CPO only (bottom left of your screen if in desktop mode) and widen the search area to get more direct comps.

It’s all a guessing game (hopefully somewhat educated)…it costs nothing to make a low-ball offer and negotiate from there…