Disappointed in Alfa Romeo Giulia Broker Pricing - Thoughts?

Hello everyone, first I wanted to thank you all for this forum. I have learned quite a bit about the leasing process and where to get information.

Based on what I found I decided it was a good idea to just hire a broker so I wouldn’t have to waste time negotiating with dealers for weeks on end.

After looking over the LH forums and Edmunds forums for MF and residual- I got a pretty decent idea of what constitutes a good deal/great deal.

I’m currently in Southern California and I hired a broker that is rated as one of the best in the area. I was assuming because of this I would get a better than average (maybe even great) deal on a new Giulia. They are a fixed cost broker so they have an upfront retention fee and the after the deal is done you pay the 2nd half.

Right now I see an advertised deal for 349/month for a 45,890 Giulia Ti with TTL DAS +500 with 24/10 terms. If that price is for anyone who comes in to the dealer I figured a top notch broker can do better for me.

I asked about another Giulia Ti @ 46,940 MSRP and the broker came back with these numbers.

39454056_499209243874563_8908345316793647104_n

Working backwards from these numbers I seem to come up with the following:

These numbers seem incredibly medicore to me. Isn’t SoCal suppose to be one of the best places to find a Giulia lease? With 1500 down I would expect at least to be around 1% of MSRP. The broker is a fixed rate up front service too so as far as I know they aren’t pricing in their cost to the deal.

Am I not calculating something correctly?

Probably that $350/month ad requires every incentive and the right car (there were some older Giulias with recalls and what not). If the broker didn’t factor the incentives right, or possibly you don’t qualify for loyalty or conquest that would be the difference. Last month I was seeing about $450/mo on a 46k Giulia with drive offs, from the most competitive dealers like oc fiat.

I decided against it because while I like the car, I don’t like not being able to transfer a lease on a fairly pricey deal paired with a company with not the greatest history of reliability.

1 Like

Looks like you are I are literally looking for the exact same car in the exact same market. I just got quoted a very similar deal and am disappointed. You and I should compare notes, I’ll PM you.

Surprised to see 39 month is the cheapest…

1 Like

For the most part 39 month is usually the cheapest because you spread out the payments.

The ad does require the 500 FCA incentive but I took that into account already. Even with that taken into account it seems like they are marking the MF up.

If I’m already paying the broker ahead of the deal are they also getting a kickback from the dealer?

Usually the residual/MF are much more favorable for the 24 month leases. At least they were.

PM’d

Looks like we’re looking for the same thing.

I found it interesting b/c a recent quote I rcvd had 24 month as the best and 39 as the worst because the down payment was spread over more months… Everything I see with Alfa has been changing from dealer to dealer, and car to car

What I’ve found with brokers in SoCal is that they typically charge a fee of ~$300-$500, but honestly, that is not enough to justify their work, especially since probably only a fraction of their clients actually end up transacting with them. I think they probably have to get another $500-$1500 kickback from the dealer, or it’s not worth their time… although I have no actual proof to support that.

As a data point, the best deal I was able to get with a “top” broker on an IS 300 F Sport was $2000 DO, $400/month all-in and a $300 broker fee. I was personally able to negotiate $500 DO and $395/month all-in without even stepping foot on the lot (emailed every Lexus internet manager in SoCal)… The cars I found were identical all within $500 MSRP range.

I think I could probably shave another $20-25 off that monthly once I stepped into the dealership with MSDs or if I timed it right (last day of the month, or after a long weekend, or when 2019s came out). Overall I think that deal on that car will be about ~$2,000-$2,500 better than the broker.

The problem is, I WANT THE GIULIA :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the important part to remember with a broker is that you’re paying for a service and that has great value. I spent a HUGE amount of time and effort finding that deal, and will still have to haggle at the lot. A broker makes the deal for you, brings you the car, and you never have to deal with a salesman. You also know you’re getting a good deal, not a great deal.

Have you checked out Ellis Alfa Romeo in Glendale. I do not have personal experience with them, but they are advertising a $45,890 MSRP Giulia Ti Sport for $369 + tax 24/10 plus license, fees, first month and something about $500 FCA. Similar deals on the Stelvio. Good luck.

https://www.alfaromeoandfiatofglendale.com/new-car-incentives-and-rebates-glendale-ca

That’s a odd offer if it includes rebates…

Did you look for an aged unit or is this one fresh on the lot?

1 Like

I’m looking at them actually. I referenced their offer in my first post. They are the largest volume Alfa dealer in the US I believe

My offer? In what way?

The one I was quoted has been on the lot. It wasn’t in transit or anything.

Yes, but how long was it on the lot, makes a difference with alfa

NYC is referring to the extra $1k incentive for “aged” units that have been sat on the lot

1 Like

Would you mind sharing the dealership that offered the $395? Im in the market for an IS300 FSport but haven’t got anything close to that as of yet

I’m finding it very strange that literally the best deal anyone has offered at any dealership is SoCal is WORSE than the deal that is advertised on Newport Alfa’s website. $349/month + tax ($382 all-in), $4,000 down, 36/10 on a car up to $46,600 MSRP. I can’t even get the other dealerships to honor the Newport deal…

Why is Alfa so hard to get a deal right now? Am I missing something?

I haven’t checked the exact date. Is there a specific way to check that?