Did I get a lemon car or it's just BMW?

Hello Hackr,

I just got this BMW two weeks ago. ​https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/lease-deal-check-2021-bmw-x3-xdrive-da-pro/361751/

Four days later, when I drove it to tahoe, My AC stopped working. I drove it to the dealer, they tried but not able to fix it. So he asked me to leave it to the service department. Their tech staff has left work at that time, and I don’t want to leave my car there over the weekend and lose my tahoe trip. So I drove to tahoe as planned.

I actually figured out how to fix the AC on my way to Tahoe. You need to restart it, not only the engine, but everything (turn off the car, get your key, leave your seat, lock the door then walk away for a few minutes…)

But on the second day, one of the windows can’t be opened, the rest three windows works fine.

My grilfreind didn’t like this car since it ruined our tahoe trip. It’s only 16 days after I signing the lease, but I put 7 MSD ($4,200) on it. Is there anyway I can get the money back or replace the car?

Lemon law, but you have to go through a process and have them try to fix it, 30 days in service etc.

If you are nice, you can try to get the dealer to goodwill exchange but I absolutely wouldn’t count on that happening.

1 Like

Must’ve been made by Microsoft. [Did you turn if off and on again?]

And Lemon laws require more than 1 attempt at repair as well as how long it’s been at the dealer. You basically got majorly inconvenienced and that won’t fly as a Lemon…yet.

1 Like

Make sure you are keeping detailed records and that each repair order lists in detail “customer states “whatever the problem is. You will want to contact a lemon lawyer in your state for a free consultation but they will asked to review your records and they’ll want to see that they’ve tried and failed to service it a number of times over a number of days, typically out of service 30 days by check for your state

If this is a lemon, you are at the very beginning of the process. But give them a chance to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.