Demo Maserati Using the dealers MF and RV, still $47 a month different

I was looking at a dealer demo Maserati with just under 6k on the odometer… Residual and MF was about $47 a month less than the dealer was quoting using the same MSRP, sale price and MF RV… when I inquired to why this ws the response
“You have to take into account the current mileage that is already on the car, so although the residual value percentage stays the same, because the car already has 5700 miles or so on it that means the car will be coming off lease and returning to Maserati with more than just the 30,000 your lease stipulates; Maserati cuts you a big break with this by not requiring us to lower your residual percentage however the added miles does impact the overall end value of the car slightly.”
Yet they couldn’t tell me what the formula was to account for the miles…
Is their one? Or is this just some way for them to jack up the monthly while claiming they are using the base MF?

It’s typical for their to be a mileage penalty on loaners. They’re just doing a poor job of communicating how it is calculated.

1 Like

To go off of that normally, they just plug in the miles and their system does it automatically for them.

So no one actually knows the calc.

1 Like

Generally speaking it’s between $.25 and $.40 per mile calculated upfront dependent on lender whether it’s Chrysler Cap or Ally. It is deducted from the residual value.

1 Like

Mileage penalty: (5,700 x $0.30)/36= $47/mo

4 Likes

WOW thanks… with that said, MSRP 88,440 Sale price $63,087 MF .00024 RV 45 with 0 down taxes and fees upfront… Current asking price is now $665 a month and a supposed discount of premium plus service for $2,300 additional or 1 service and 2 oil changes free… No idea what to base it off of, not lot of floating around…

Out of curiosity… what year and what trim level? That RV is rough…

2019 S Q4 lightly optioned, once they went down the road they were losing money on this and doing it just keep the doors open I was done…

28%. Are there incentives on these?

Salesman said yes but claimed he didn’t have the breakdown… Looking like plenty of 0 miles ones floating around $60,000… I am not even sure at this point what realistic goal would be?